Behind its plates of steel, the Devastator is all but unassailable, yet it can open its armored shell to unleash a rain of deadly shrapnel from its grenade launchers. The Devastator’s success has led to the development of other ’jacks based on this chassis. The Demolisher features armor equal to that of the Devastator, but when its plated arms open they reveal cannons that can deliver powerful ordnance even in the thick of combat. The Spriggan trades the armored arms of its predecessor for a heavy shield, a massive lance, and more versatile and longer-range grenade launchers that can fire either explosive projectiles or flares that illuminate hidden enemies.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Demolisher
- 3 Other
|ARM||Very Very High|
Weapons and Attacks
- Shoulder Cannon x2 - Medium range, small AoE, high POW ranged weapon.
- Shield Fist x2 - Mid range, average P+S melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Armored Shell - This model sufferes a large penalty to ARM if it makes any attack other than a head-butt, slam or trample.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Girded - This model and anything base to base is immune to blast damage.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be Pushed.
Thoughts on Demolisher
Comparison to Mk2
- Slight point decrease
- Gained Girded, Steady and Sturdy
- Its base ARM went down, but crippled weapon systems no longer compromise its ARM
Demolisher in a nutshell
Like its unarmed brother, Demolisher is the epitome of the Khador ARM-skew - a Hunter will roll dice-6 for damage, while the Defender or Stormwall will likely to see their unboosted cannonballs bouncing off from its hull. Before getting stuck in, it can bombard the enemy with two, strong, inaccurate, and short-ranged AOE attacks - which sadly compromises its outstanding ARM value.
Combos & Synergies
The Demolisher is a pretty tough nut to crack, and even harder to stop, thanks to Sturdy and Steady. Its main difference from the Devastator is its guns. If you want to use them, you may want to ensure, that they worth the extra points, and they hit their targets. By no surprise, it feels itself the best with the same casters as its brother:
- Casters with Superiority - Irusk1 or Strakhov. Special mention on the latter's Sentry, which gives an out-of-activation attack, to help you keep your ARM protection.
- Butcher 1 - Full Throttle is tailor-made for trampling around. Also, his feat makes even blast damages dangerous.
- "Jack Casters" - Karchev and Harkevich, both offer quite a lot for melee capable, tough jacks, especially SPD buff. Harkevich's Broadsides also offers an out-of-activation shooting, just like Strakhov's Sentry.
- Sorscha1 - her feat will make sure that the Demolisher's shots will connect
- It is everything that a Man-o-War Konvnik could wish for: it is tough, and it can use his Assault drive.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Its MAT lags behind the Juggernaut chassis.
- RAT is hardly enough for unboosted shots to reliably hit other heavies.
- Catch-22 on the cannons: if you shoot out of activation, you'll miss the boost, if shoot in activation, you'll give up a portion of your ARM protection
- Quite possibly the only warjack beside the Devastator, which gets weaker upon attacking, giving the enemy the chance to take it down.
Tricks & Tips
- Being tough as nail, and Girded, it is a safe haven for squishy infantries (and casters)
- Don't want to compromise your armour? Trample / Slam around, and open up the shell only in the critical moment.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models