Theme - Defenders of Ios
Retribution Theme Force
When Ios itself is threatened, the Homeguard Coalition leverages the assets of all the halltyr to form an army made up of the diverse forces of housguard warriors and the combined might of countless Iosan houses.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Defenders of Ios army can only include Retribution models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.04
|Retribution warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|House Ellowuyr Swordsman units|
|Stormfall Archer units|
|Fane Knight solos|
|Sylys Wyshnalyrr, The Seeker|
Theme Force Bonuses
- For every full 20 points of units and battle engines in your army, you can add one weapon crew, command attachment, or solo to the army free of cost.
- Free models/units do not count toward the total point value of when calculating this bonus.
- Solos and Stormfall Archers gain Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- One unit of Houseguard Halberdiers gain Advance Move. (Advance Move - Before the start of the game but after both players have deployed, a model with Advance Move can make a full advance.)
2017.05 Battle Engine CID
- Battle Engines now count towards the free points, but non-unit stuff no longer does.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Theme - Defenders of Ios in a nutshell
These is a theme all about infantry. Mobile shooting infantry to be precise. It allows Stromfall Archers to hit & run and Halberdiers to engage faster.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Popular casters include:
Unpopular casters include:
List building tips
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Defenders of Ios