The elite cavalry of the Dawnguard, destors thunder across the battlefield to smash apart enemy lines or bring down heavily armored foes. Armed with lance cannons designed specifically for their order, the destors can soften an enemy from afar with unerring blasts from their weapons and then finish the job with a crushing cavalry charge. Many times it is the thundering hooves of a destor charge that deliver victory for the Retribution.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dawnguard Destors
- 3 Other
|Cost||12/20||4 points each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons & Attacks
- Lance Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 gun
- Lance - 2" reach, P+S 14 melee attack (charge only)
- Lance - This weapon can only be used to make charge attacks.
- Mount - 0.5" reach, POW 12 mount attack
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Cavalry - All Cavalry come with a stack of standard special rules, most notably Impact Attacks and auto-boosted charge attacks.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemies with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately afterwards it can make a free basic ranged attack.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
Thoughts on Dawnguard Destors
Dawnguard Destors in a nutshell
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tips
- There is a lot of confusion about their melee range, between the Lance, Gunfighter, and Impact Attack rules. Refer the Rules Clarifications section (bottom of the page) for a full breakdown.
Changes from Mk II
- Lance Cannon is now RoF 1
- Lost Unyielding and Dual Shot
- Gained Quickwork and Reposition
- Mount POW increased
- Lance POW Increased
Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Retribution of Scyrah (November 2009)
- None yet
Retribution of Scyrah Models
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
|Retribution of Scyrah - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Forges of War|
Destors & Melee Range
- When you charge, your melee range becomes 2" regardless of whether you use the Lance attack or your Gunfighter attack to resolve the Charge Attack.
- Immediately after your charge attack is resolved (whether Gunfighter or Lance), your melee range reduces back to 0.5". (Infernal Ruling)
- Lance doesn't apply to Impact Attacks.