|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Warrior, sorcerer, and zealous follower of the Dragonfather, Darragh Wrathe ruthlessly commands Cryxian troops in the subjugation of the mainland. The howling of his countless victims follows the passage of Wrathe's hell-wrought iron steed as this necro-mechanikal horror rides to battle. He savors slaying the living whether by the razor edge of his scythe or a sudden eruption of spectral fire.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Necro-Scythe - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Mount - 0.5" reach, POW 12 mount attack. Doesn't have it when he's dismounted, obviously.
- Cavalry - All Cavalry come with a stack of standard special rules, most notably Impact Attacks and auto-boosted charge attacks.
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Dragoon - Dragoons begin the game as a Cavalry model but can become dismounted during play. When they do so, their stats go down slightly and they lose some of their special rules & equipment.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Death Ride (★ Action) - Friendly Faction Undead models activating in this model's command range gain +1" movement when advancing as part of their Normal Movement. Death Ride lasts for one turn.
- Hellfire (★ Attack) - Hellfire is a RNG 10, POW 14 magic attack. Models disabled by Hellfire cannot make a Tough roll. Models boxed by Hellfire are removed from play.
- Mortal Fear (★ Action) - While in this model's command range, living enemy models suffer -2 to damage rolls. Mortal Fear lasts for one round.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Battle Wizard - As above
- Magic Ability - As above
Thoughts on Darragh Wrathe
Darragh Wrathe in a nutshell
Darragh Wrathe is an expensive dragoon with a lot of good utility casting and, being cavalry, isn't bad in combat.
Combos & Synergies
- Death Ride works with about half of Cryx
- A Brute Thrall both gets extra speed and protects Wrathe from incoming fire.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- For one point more you can get a Slayer
- He's a big target (literally) and too expensive for his combat utility
Tricks & Tips
- Mortal Fear works against warbeasts.
- Charge a model, kill it (boosted rolls help), and then get a free spell before repositioning to safety.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
- Sculptor: Jeff Grace
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
| Mount Weapon
Impact Attacks - Movement
Impact Attacks - The attack(s)
Impact Attacks - Other