Dannon Blythe & Bull
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The bounty hunter team of Dannon Blythe and the trollkin known simply as "Bull" has gained infamy across the war-torn region for their ruthless determination and efficiency. Wielding an impressive arsenal, they often take the expedient route of delivering targets dead allowing them complete to twice as many jobs while avoiding the tedious hassle of handling live prisoners.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Dannon Blythe & Bull
- 3 Other
|Dannon Blythe & Bull|
|Blythe / Bull|
|Base Size||Sml / Med|
|DEF||15 / 13|
|ARM||13 / 15|
|HP||5 / 8|
- Pistol - 8" range, POW 10 gun.
- Sword - 1" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Demollisher - 10" range, ROF d3, POW 12 ranged weapon
- Beat Back - Immediately after a basic attack with this weapon is resolved during this model's Combat Action, the enemy model hit can be pushed 1" directly away from the attacking model. After the enemy model is pushed, the attacking model can advance up to 1" directly towards it.
- Critical Knockdown - On a critical hit, the model hit becomes knocked down.
- Great Sword - 1" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Minion - Works as a Trollblood minion
- Mercenary - Works as a Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, or Protectorate of Menoth mercenary
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Granted: Prey - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.)
- Take Down - Models disabled in melee by this model cannot use Tough. Models boxed in melee by this model are RFP'd.
- Trollkin - Bull is a Trollkin model, but Blythe is not, and together they are not a Trollkin unit.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Rapid Strike - This model can make one additional melee attack each Combat Action.
- Take Down - As above
- Blythe & Bull cost 5 points (from 6)
Thoughts on Dannon Blythe & Bull
Dannon Blythe & Bull in a nutshell
Blythe and Bull are a combined arms duo designed to put RAT 8, POW 14 shots onto their prey target. They seem reasonably priced for what they do but rarely see play because d3 shots is not all that many, unboosted POW 14's aren't all that high and they both die with little effort. Their ideal targets are slow, multi-wound infantry. With their cost reduction to 5 pts and the advent of Steamroller 2017 their usefulness has increased as a small unit to be used for scoring circular zones. And at two points for Blythe and three for Bull they are pretty good value
Combos & Synergies
They are pretty self contained, just a pair of shooters with prey and forced movement.
In Trolblood Kriel Company theme, they are considered Trollbloods, and fall under the Protective Aura of the Krielstone Bearer as well as Feats and Friendly Faction spells.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Kill either of them and you cripple the unit.
Tricks & Tips
- They are one of the few choices that can actually consider putting Prey on a solo - after all if the enemy keeps it back then an expensive solo costs more than they do.
- Blythe and Bull were originally pictured on the front and rear cover of the Iron Kingdoms RPG World Guide, released in 2005.
- They were released into the tabletop game in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (2010)
Theme Forces this is a member of
|Cygnar (Edit)||Khador (Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|| Trollbloods (Edit)
Other Minion models
Missing the Attack Roll
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters