Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
Her own kinsmen do not understand how the entrancing music of this Iosan sorceress tames lesser minds. She has forged a bond with a pale Tatzlwurm she calls Skarath and offers their combined services in battle to those she deems useful. With a few haunting notes she directs this living weapon to swallow lesser enemies whole or to paralyse the mighty with its poisonous bite.
- 1 Basic Info
- 1.1 Dahlia
- 1.2 Skarath
- 1.3 Thoughts on Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
- 2 Other
|Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath|
Weapons and Attacks
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Mercenary - Will work for Retribution.
- Minion - Will work for Circle, Trollbloods.
- Lesser Warlock - Needs to bring at least one warbeast in battlegroup and shares many warlock rules including fury manipulation, but is counted as a solo.
- Limited Battlegroup: (Skarath) - The only warbeasts this model can take are Skarath.
- Charmer - A frenzying warbeast in her CMD may give up its attacks instead.
- Haunting Melody - Signature spell, low cost. Enemies in control range can't give/receive orders or target Dahlia.
- Mist Walker - Gives a battlegroup model Pathfinder and Prowl for one round. (Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth. )
Weapons and Attacks
- Acid Spray - 10" spray, POW 12 ranged attack
- Bite - 2" range, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Heavy Warbeast
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Bond: (Dahlia Hallyr) - If this model begins the game in Dahlia Hallyr's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Dahlia Hallyr and in their CTRL range, an extra die on attack rolls against models in Dahlia's Control
- Companion: (Dahlia Hallyr) - This model only comes with Dahlia Hallyr, is part of their battlegroup, and when Dahlia Hallyr dies it leaves play.
- Serpentine - This model can't slam, can't trample, and can't be knocked down.
- Counterblast - Cost 2, range SELF animus. The caster can make an attack (ranged or melee) on opponent's turn against a model that advances into the spellcaster's command range.
Thoughts on Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath
Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath in a nutshell
Skarath is a very handy warbeast with a great gun, passable melee ability, and solid defensive abilities. Dahlia grants Skarath pathfinder, prowl and murderous and has an upkeep that gives melee units fits. They're a solid pick and can often hold down zones on their own.
Combos & Synergies
- Dr. Arkadius can use his Combat Syringe (Specifically Raw Adrenaline) to give Skarath a fully boosted spray.
- Magnus2 or Ossrum can put Bullet Dodger on Skarath. With Wrongeye casting Star Crossed nearby, Skarath is a very difficult snake to hit.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Expensive and Skarath is only POW 16.
Tricks and Tactics
- Haunting Melody prevents living warrior models from making attacks against Dahlia, but it also keeps them from giving or receiving orders, which can really mess armies up.