Recently unleashed upon the enemies of the Retribution, House Vyre’s myrmidons were developed with distinct capabilities all their own. A powerful assault myrmidon, the Daemon smashes foes with its rune fists or blasts them with concentrated arcane energy from its vortex cannon.
- Vortex Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Vortex Blast - If the Daemon misses with this weapon, nothing happens. But on a direct hit, before making the damage roll, push models within 2" of the model hit 2" directly towards it, in the order you choose. Then center a 3" AOE on the model hit, and all models in the AOE suffer a POW 12 damage roll.
- Heavy Rune Fist - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Light Rune Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Blessed - As above
- Open Fist - As above
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Daemon
Daemon in a nutshell
The Daemon brings a special ranged weapon to the Retribution arsenal. Capable of clearing multiple infantry models even while they try to spread out to avoid the AoE effect, it can also be used to reposition enemy models to more advantageous positions. The Daemon works best at ranged, but can offer some help with melee if required.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- The spelling of the Daemon, with an a, is the European way to spell it.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
- Defenders of Ios (Article) (Category)
- Legions of Dawn (Article) (Category)
- Shadows of the Retribution (Article) (Category)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|