|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Recently unleashed upon the enemies of the Retribution, House Vyre’s myrmidons were developed with distinct capabilities all their own. A powerful assault myrmidon, the Daemon smashes foes with its rune fists or blasts them with concentrated arcane energy from its vortex cannon.
- Vortex Cannon - 10" range, POW 12 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Vortex Blast - If the Daemon misses with this weapon, nothing happens. But on a direct hit, before making the damage roll, push models within 2" of the model hit 2" directly towards it, in the order you choose. Then center a 3" AOE on the model hit, and all models in the AOE suffer a POW 12 damage roll.
- Heavy Rune Fist - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapon
- Light Rune Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Blessed - As above
- Open Fist - As above
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Daemon
Daemon in a nutshell
The Daemon brings a special ranged weapon to the Retribution arsenal. Capable of clearing multiple infantry models even while they try to spread out to avoid the AoE effect, it can also be used to reposition enemy models to more advantageous positions. The Daemon works best at ranged, but can offer some help with melee if required.
Combos & Synergies
Kaelyssa - Phantom hunter shots against clumped up squishy support or even against warcaster/warlock models can really bring models together in the best ways for you.
Drawbacks & Downsides
The Daemon is slow compared to some other models in the army and doesn't hit very hard in melee. Will also struggle against any anti-shooting tech like Stealth, Shield Guard, Sucker!, Sac Pawn, and etc.
Tricks & Tips
As with above. Use with Kaelyssa to catch your opponent off guard. The AFG can also help out by making stuff easier to hit. Mechaniks are also good to boost the fists up to 18/16 with blessed to help take down spell hardened foes.
- The spelling of the Daemon, with an a, is the European way to spell it.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
- Defenders of Ios (Article) (Category)
- Legions of Dawn (Article) (Category)
- Shadows of the Retribution (Article) (Category)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)