Retribution Vyre Heavy Warjack
Recently unleashed upon the enemies of the Retribution, House Vyre’s myrmidons were developed with distinct capabilities all their own. A powerful assault myrmidon, the Daemon smashes foes with its rune fists or blasts them with concentrated arcane energy from its vortex cannon.
Weapons and Attacks
- Vortex Cannon - Ranged weapon, RNG 10, ROF 1, POW 12
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Vortex Blast - On a direct hit this weapon pulls nearby models in and does damage to everyone under an AOE template. If the attack misses, it does nothing.
- Heavy Rune Fist - Melee weapon, RNG 1, POW 5, P+S 16
- Light Rune Fist - Melee Weapon, RNG 1, POW 3, P+S 14
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Daemon
Comparison to Mk2
- This model gained STR
- This model is slightly less expensive than its Mk2 version
Daemon in a nutshell
The Daemon brings a special ranged weapon to the Retribution arsenal. Capable of clearing multiple infantry models even while they try to spread out to avoid the AoE effect, it can also be used to reposition enemy models to more advantageous positions. The Daemon works best at ranged, but can offer some help with melee if required.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- The spelling of the Daemon is actually the European way to spell it.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Retribution models
Rules Clarification : Warjack (Edit)
- Please refer to the Warjack page for a recap of the warjack rules, and the very few associated Infernal Rulings.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Open Fist (Edit)
- Refer to the Rules Clarifications on Throw.
- When you make a Throw Power Attack, no other abilities of the Fist weapon (such as Chain Strike) are applied unless they specifically mention Throws.
Rules Clarification : Blessed (Edit)
- Blessed only ignores the DEF/ARM buff if the spell directly adds to the stat. A spell which instead grants an ability, and it's then the ability which gives a DEF/ARM buff, would not be ignored.
- WARNING: The new Mk3 Blessed icon resembles the old Mk2 Magical Weapon icon. Do not get them confused.
- Blessed only ignores buffs from spells, not feats or abilities.