Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
After fleeing the blighted terror that consumed her homeland, Cylena Raefyll leads a strong band of fanatically loyal warriors against her despised foes. The skilled hunters of the Raefyll tribe are expert stalkers capable of unleashing withering fire from their compound bows and deadly harm from their elegantly curved Nyss claymores.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
- 3 Other
|Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters|
|HP||Cylena 5, Grunts 1|
Weapons and Attacks
- Nyss Bow - 12" range, POW 10 ranged attack
- Nyss Claymore - 1" range, P+S 9 melee attack
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, and Retribution.
- Minion - Works for Circle and Trollbloods.
- Partisan (Retribution of Scyrah) - When included in a Retribution of Scyrah army, this model/unit is a Retribution of Scyrah model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
Special Abilities (Cylena Only)
Cylena has slightly higher stats than her unit and a handful of damage boxes.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Hunter - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Hunter. (Hunter - This model ignores cover and concealment when shooting.)
Thoughts on Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters in a nutshell
The Nyss Hunters do a little bit of everything. They're passable melee combatants, above average at range, mobile with a longer threat range than most things, hard to hit as units go. They are ideal for taking out enemy units in cover. Unless you can buff MAT or STR, you'll be cursing the number 6 or 9 when it's time to send them into melee.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything with a DEF buff.
- Warwitch Deneghra A backbone for the Cryx gunlines, Deneghra's debuffs work really well with the Nyss Hunters.
- Bloody Barnabas Pop & Drop.
- Midas Battlelust for 5D6 damage dice on charge is normally enough to crack armor + minions dont have that many Weapon master models.
- Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper, often within Retribution they compete with Mage Hunter Strike Force but Kaelyssa covers their weaknesses with her feat and Blur.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Their high DEF is generally not enough to prevent them from dying easily to blast damage and other anti-infantry tech.
- 3 points overpriced
- MAT 6, P+S 9
- They are paying elite infantry prices for veteran shooting and veteran melee that you can't use at the same time. It's difficult to justify them against comparable units like Idrian Skirmishers (with the UA) in Mercenaries. Farrow Brigands (with the UA) in Hordes armies, Trencher Infantry in Cygnar, the Winter Guard Rifle Corps (with Kovnik Joe) in Khador.
Tricks & Tips
They would prefer to lurk in the woods where they won't be shot so if you take them as faction models in Khador or Cygnar using the respective UA's, Tactical Supremacy would be just the thing to keep them alive since they could pop out of the woods, shoot and back up 3" to safety.
- Cylena and company are regarded as being one of the most difficult-to-assembly models in the game. Tiny contact points and loads of spikey bits mean arms and legs can fall off all the time. Oh, and they've got ugly faces.
Theme Forces this is a member of
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warlock attachments||Targ Gatorman Soul Slave|
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers - Farrow Valkyries|
|Gatorman||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
|Solos||Farrow||Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron - Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Husk - Gatorman Soul Slave - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub - Longchops - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned|| Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance|