Mercenary Minion Character Nyss Unit
After fleeing the blighted terror that consumed her homeland, Cylena Raefyll leads a strong band of fanatically loyal warriors against her despised foes. The skilled hunters of the Raefyll tribe are expert stalkers capable of unleashing withering fire from their compound bows and deadly harm from their elegantly curved Nyss claymores.
|Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
| Base Size
| Unit Size
Weapons and Attacks
- Nyss Bow - Ranged Attack, Average Range, Low Damage.
- Nyss Claymore - Melee Attack, Medium Range, Low Damage.
- Weapon Master - When attacking with this weapon, add an additional die to its damage rolls.
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx, Cygnar, Khador, and Retribution.
- Minion - Works for Circle and Trollbloods.
- Partisan (Retribution of Scyrah) - When included in a Retribution of Scyrah army, this model/unit is a Retribution of Scyrah model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
Special Abilities (Cylena Only)
Cylena has slightly higher stats than her unit and a handful of damage boxes.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Hunter - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Hunter. (Hunter - This model ignores cover and concealment when shooting.)
Thoughts on Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters in a nutshell
Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters are fast and shooty skirmishers. Flexible and hard to hit they can fulfil most roles - and work for probably the widest array of factions in the game. Always worth thinking about and a good way of branching into several armies. On the other hand you pay the cost for an elite unit of infantry with poor armour cracking and an array of abilities you are seldom going to want all at the same time.
Combos & Synergies
- Anything with a DEF buff.
- Warwitch Deneghra A backbone for the Cryx gunlines, Deneghra's debuffs work really well with the Nyss Hunters.
- Bloody Barnabas Pop & Drop.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They die to blast damage and other anti-infantry tech.
- They don't break armour well (even with Weapon Master their power is low enough that Boomhowlers will outdamage them frequently).
- They can't shoot through clouds or forests.
- They are paying elite infantry prices for veteran shooting and veteran melee that you can't use at the same time. It's difficult to justify them against comparable units like Idrian Skirmishers (with the UA) in Mercenaries. Farrow Brigands (with the UA) in Hordes armies, Trencher Infantry in Cygnar, the Winter Guard Rifle Corps (with Kovnik Joe) in Khador.
Tricks & Tips
Changes from Mk2
- They lost a point of DEF and swapped which was granted between Hunter and CRA. Hunter no longer helps in forests.
- Slightly cheaper
- Gained Partisan (Retribution)
- Cylena and company are regarded as being one of the most difficult-to-assembly models in the game. Tiny contact points and loads of spikey bits mean arms and legs can fall off all the time. Oh, and they've got ugly faces.
Theme Forces this is a member of
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
| Minion - Faction models (Edit)