The Cygnaran Armory takes pride in its innovation and technological superiority, traits seen in all the battle-tested warjacks built on the classic Ironclad chassis. With its dual whirling chain guns, the Cyclone can support sweeping advances across the battlefield while suppressing the enemy under a hail of lead.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Metal Storm (x2) - 12" range, POW 12, ROF d3 gun
- Open Fist (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Covering Fire (★ Action) - Place a wall template anywhere completely within this weapon's RNG and this model's LOS, ignoring intervening models. A model entering or ending its activation in a template suffers a damage roll with POW equal to the POW of this weapon. The template remains in play for one round. If this model is destroyed or removed from play, immediately remove the template from play.
Thoughts on Cyclone
Cyclone in a nutshell
The Cyclone is a heavy with two good infantry killing guns - and the lowest power melee weapons for a heavy warjack (including Triumph). It is utterly unsuited to killing heavies and is closer to a light on steroids.
Combos & Synergies
It has way too low melee potential, and way too many, average power shots to make focus allocation normally worth. The focus from Power Up is usually enough to serve its needs, save for making a Throw attack, when you want to boost either or both of the rolls. On the other hand jack marshaling it, given the number of shots it gets, can be an excellent idea. And as a multi-shot jack it's worth using the Arcane Tempest Gun Mages Officer to give it Rune Bullets.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In melee it hits only slightly harder than a light - possibly the least hard hitting heavy in the game.
- The Trencher Chain Gun Crew can also lay down a wall template for area denial, and they can boost its effectiveness against warrior models.
Tricks & Tips
- With two open fists, an increased MAT and a STR near the top of its class, it can reliably perform Throw attacks against nearly anything not on a huge base.
- When marshalled by the Gun Mage Officer, you can place a template behind an advancing enemy, and use the Mages' Thunderbolt rounds to shoot them into it.
Comparison to Mk2
It got cheaper. The Cyclone used to cost as much as the Defender.
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
Other faction models