Cryx is an island nation off the coast of Cygnar entirely under the control of Toruk, the Dragonfather and his Lich Lords. They are a nation of undead necromancers and piratical raiders constantly threatening the mainland in their quest to destroy Toruk's spawn and establish his dominion over all Immoren.
Cryx armies are typically fast, numerous and lightly-armored. The poor quality of their troops is offset by the power of their warcasters, which rank among the strongest in the game.
Cryx is heavily based around melee, soul powered magic, returning models to play, debilitative effects and corrosive attacks.
Cryx for Beginners
Welcome to the service of Dragonfather Toruk. Here as a member of the Nightmare Empire, your faction will typically benefit from these strengths...
- Good melee abilities
- Fast units
- Plentiful access to Ghostly and similar abilities to let your forces easily navigate terrain
- Strong warcasters, with the highest average focus in Warmachine
- Best access to arcnodes, they are cheap and fast
- Access to crippling debuffs
- Cheap units, letting you field large armies
- Access to corrosive attacks
- Recursion to bring back the dead
- Soul manipulation
Naturally these come with a cost. The faction will suffer these weakness...
- Poor shooting capabilities, Cryx are almost certain to lose in a firefight.
- Poor stat lines, enemy units will in comparison be stronger for the same points cost
- Lower armor and fewer hitpoints
- Few mercenaries avaliable. Most notably few warcasters and no Jack Marshalls.
- Black Industries is Cryx's warjack-centric theme. It represents a necrofactorium wholly devoted to the construction of not only warjacks, but improved warjacks.
- This theme is all about Banes, the elite undead of Cryx.
- This theme is all about zombie pirates and ghost pirates. It is very recursive (lots of zombies regenerate every turn) and has proven very strong at a competitive level when led by Deneghra1.
- Infernal Machines is all about Thralls, the cheap and disposable undead cannon fodder of Cryx. It represents the a entire output of the necrofactoriums scattered across all of western Immoren.
- This theme is about the Satyxis, the vicious lady pirates of Cryx.
- This theme is about the non-Satyxis living pirates of Cryx, the blighted Trollkin, Ogrun, and evil pirates of the Scharde Isles.
Cryx Models and Units
- Bane Witch Agathia
- Captain Aiakos (This is Aiakos2; Aiakos1 is a solo)
- Lich Lord Terminus
- Lich Lord Venethrax
- Lord Exhumator Scaverous
- Sturgis the Corrupted (This is Sturgis2; Sturgis1 is a Cygnar model)
- Witch Coven of Garlghast & the Egregore
Cryx Deep Lore
The forces of Cryx exist solely to devour any and all things at the behest of the Dragonfather. Their martial strengths are speed, surprise, and force in numbers. Enemies of the undying know they must never be lax in their vigilance, for seemingly out of nowhere raiders can arrive without warning, carried across the sea aboard their infamous blackships. A sickening mix of necromancy, soulless science, and the unnatural corruption of draconic blight, Cryx is a fast, numerous, and shockingly powerful army. Specializing in undead hordes, the forces of Lord Toruk the Dragonfather nearly always outnumber their opponents. More, they possess some of the most magically potent and versatile spellcasters in Immoren who can manipulate the souls of the dead. Service in the Nightmare Empire never ends, and as Cryx extends its corrupting tendrils throughout the Iron Kingdoms, even the dead shall be called again to slaughter.
See the Lexicanum entry on Toruk for more history on Our Great Leader.