Cyrx is the undead and evil faction of warmachine, and also has pirates, mutated trolls, and horned warrior women. Most of the leaders of the faction are undead, and one of the primary play themes is bringing models back into play or creating new models from destroyed living enemy models. There are several Cryx-wide spells of debuffing the enemy and so buffing the own faction members. There is also a strong theme of soul creating and stealing throughout the entire faction.
Cryx for Beginners
Welcome to the service of Dragonfather Toruk. Here as a member of the Nightmare Empire, your faction will typically benefit from these strengths...
- Good melee abilities
- Fast units
- Plentiful access to Ghostly and similar abilities to let your forces easily navigate terrain
- Strong warcasters, with the highest average focus in Warmachine
- Best access to arcnodes, they are cheap and fast
- Access to crippling debuffs
- Cheap units, letting you field large armies
- Access to corrosive attacks
- Recursion to bring back the dead
- Soul manipulation
Naturally these come with a cost. The faction will suffer these weakness...
- Poor shooting capabilities, Cryx are almost certain to lose in a firefight.
- Poor stat lines, enemy units will in comparison be stronger for the same points cost
- Lower armor and fewer hitpoints
Cryx Models and Units
- Bane Witch Agathia
- Captain Aiakos (This is Aiakos2; Aiakos1 is a solo)
- Lich Lord Terminus
- Lich Lord Venethrax
- Lord Exhumator Scaverous
- Master Necrotech Mortenebra & Deryliss
- Sturgis the Corrupted (This is Sturgis2; Sturgis1 is a Cygnar model)
- Witch Coven of Garlghast & the Egregore
Cryx Theme Forces
Cryx Deep Lore
The forces of Cryx exist solely to devour any and all things at the behest of the Dragonfather. Their martial strengths are speed, surprise, and force in numbers. Enemies of the undying know they must never be lax in their vigilance, for seemingly out of nowhere raiders can arrive without warning, carried across the sea aboard their infamous blackships. A sickening mix of necromancy, soulless science, and the unnatural corruption of draconic blight, Cryx is a fast, numerous, and shockingly powerful army. Specializing in undead hordes, the forces of Lord Toruk the Dragonfather nearly always outnumber their opponents. More, they possess some of the most magically potent and versatile spellcasters in Immoren who can manipulate the souls of the dead. Service in the Nightmare Empire never ends, and as Cryx extends its corrupting tendrils throughout the Iron Kingdoms, even the dead shall be called again to slaughter.
See the Lexicanum entry on Toruk for more history on Our Great Leader.