Crucible Guard Storm Troopers
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Crucible Guard Storm Troopers
- 3 Other
|Crucible Guard Storm Troopers|
|Unit Size|| 3/5|
|Cost||10/16||3.2 per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Pneumatic Concussion Cannon - 12" range, POW 14 AoE 3 gun.
- Sword - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Carapace - This model gains +4 ARM vs. ranged attacks and free strikes.
Thoughts on Crucible Guard Storm Troopers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Crucible Guard Storm Troopers in a nutshell
Storm Troopers are the fire support of infantry based Crucible Guard armies. Their armored suits grant them resilience against ranged attacks, Corrosion and Fire damage, and are equipped with breathers. Their Pneumatic Concussion Cannons are NOT equipped with different ammunition types [This is non-negotiable].
For a long time Privateer Press have been trying to work out how to do heavy duty shooty medium based infantry. Cataphract Incindiarii had some decent success in Mk2 but in Mk3 none of the Ogrun Assault Corps, the Man-O-War Bombardiers, the Ogrun Assault Corps, or the others have been a success. Privateer Press seems to be learning from its mistakes - and the Shock Troopers at least will be hard to simply shoot off the battlefield thanks to Carapace making them ARM 20 against shooting.
Combos & Synergies
Darth Vader is general auto include with these guys.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Almost any melee or combined arms infantry destroys them on the charge. DEF 16 and 5 wounds stands a 50% chance of being taken down by boosted P+S 10 and DEF 11 is hard to miss.
Tricks and Tips
- High explosive means that you might actually want to miss infantry swarms.
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|