Crucible Guard Rocketmen
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Unit Fluff blurb
Rocketman Captain - Command Attachment
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Crucible Guard Rocketmen
- 3 Other
|Crucible Guard Rocketmen|
|Unit Size|| 6/10|
|Cost|| 10/16 for base unit
4 for the CA
|1.6 per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Carbine - 10" range, POW 10 gun.
- Skybomb - 4" range 3" AoE POW 12 ranged weapon
- Flight - This model ignores (almost) all terrain when moving. This model can move over other models, and ignores intervening models when declaring charges.
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- The Officer has +1 MAT, RAT, and 5 hitboxes.
- Whites of Their Eyes (Minifeat) - Once per game the unit gains Trained Fire. (Trained Fire - Gain an additional die on ranged attack rolls against targets at close range.)
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Reposition [3"] - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Template:Full Thrust
Thoughts on Crucible Guard Rocketmen
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Crucible Guard Rocketmen in a nutshell
Rocketmen are the swift moving air assault forces of the Crucible Guard. Using Carbines to skirmish with opposing troops until it’s time to rocket forward and utilize manually dropped bombs to take out harder targets. Speed and defense should be prioritized over armor and durability. Hit and run tactics should be emphasized over directly fighting.
The Crucible Guard Rocketmen are skirmishers who rival the Crucible Guard Infantry in their role of anti-infantry shooting. Flight and speed gives them a lot of mobility, and high DEF can be really useful.
Thoughts on adding the CA
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They die to blast damage
- No penetrating power
- Don't blow yourself up with your own bombs!
Tricks and Tips
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|