Crucible Guard Infantry
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Officer & Standard - Command Attachment
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Crucible Guard Infantry
- 3 Other
|Crucible Guard Infantry|
|Unit Size|| 6/10|
|Cost|| 9/15 for base unit|
4 for the CA
|1.5 per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Everyone except the Standard
- Crucible Arms Model 609 - 12" range, POW 11 gun.
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon.
- Sword - As above
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Officer only
- The Officer has +1 MAT, RAT, and 5 hitboxes.
- Whites of Their Eyes (Minifeat) - Once per game the unit gains Trained Fire. (Trained Fire - Gain an additional die on ranged attack rolls against targets at close range.)
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Granted: Reposition [3"] - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Standard Bearer - While the standard bearer is within 5" of the unit commander, the commander gains +2 CMD.
- Take Up - If this model is killed you may instead remove a Grunt within 1". Remove any effects on this model, and apply any effects that were on the old grunt.
- Mage Static - While this model is in formation, enemy magic attacks targeting a model in its unit suffer -5 RNG.
Thoughts on Crucible Guard Infantry
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Crucible Guard Infantry in a nutshell
Crucible Guard infantry should be your basic line infantry. They are the backbone of the Crucible Guard. They are not particularly fancy, but they do bring the technology of the Crucible Guard to the battlefield with their attack types. Their attack types should all be useful and should supply a different set of options that either shore up weaknesses or present combinations with other rules.
The Crucible Guard Infantry are fairly generic run of the mill shooty infantry, with their main schtick being that they can choose between magic, fire, and corrosion damage (with the last two doing crit fire and crit corrosion.
Thoughts on adding the CA
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tips
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|