Crucible Guard Assault Troopers
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Crucible Guard Assault Troopers|
- Thermal Hammer - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Critical Continuous Fire - A model critically hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll each turn until the fire expires.
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 damage on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Flame Burst - When you box an enemy model with this weapon, enemy models within 1" of the boxed model suffer Continuous Fire.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Carapace - This model gains +4 ARM vs. ranged attacks and free strikes.
- Ashen Veil - This model has concealment, and living enemy models within 2" suffer -2 to melee attack rolls, unless they have Fire immunity.
Thoughts on Crucible Guard Assault Troopers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Crucible Guard Assault Troopers in a nutshell
Assault Troopers are the front line of the Crucible Guard and the main melee force. Much like the above Storm Troopers, their armored suits grants the same resilience against ranged attacks, immunity to Corrosion and Fire damage, and are equipped with breathers. Their Thermal Hammers are fire based melee weapons and should remain that thematically.
The assault troopers are hard-hitting, relatively cheap, and relatively durable melee infantry. In an ideal matchup, they're DEF 13 ARM 20 vs shooting and DEF 13 ARM 16 vs melee, with 5 hitboxes. Unfortunately your opponent doesn't like making things ideal for you.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Their DEF/ARM/HP statline isn't really that durable in melee:
- ARM 16 and 5 wounds will get one-shotted by a charging P+S 10 50% of the time (assuming they hit).
- DEF 11 is easy to hit, and DEF 13 (with Ashen Veil) is only just into the "get missed more often they get hit" zone.
- So, against Fire-Immune melee models, they're likely to get annihilated.
Tricks and Tips
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|