Coordinated groups of skilled warriors, croak raiders employ a powerful two-pronged attack. Working in pairs, one raider lobs hollowed gourds to soak an enemy with a highly flammable liquid, and then another launches a flaming projectile from an atlatl to ignite the enemy in a pyre of flame. This devastating combination has allowed them to eradicate even more numerous and technologically advanced foes.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Flaming Dart - 10" range, POW 10 ranged weapon.
- Oil Gourd - 8" range, 3" AOE, zero damage, ranged weapon.
- Hand Weapon - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 backup melee weapon.
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Gang - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another model in this unit, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
Thoughts on Croak Raiders
Croak Raiders in a nutshell
Croak Raiders are a strong unit of ranged skirmishers, able to shoot effectively and to advance deploy and with a decent melee game.
Combos & Synergies
- Road Hog - it loves oiled targets.
- Gatorman Witch Doctor Tough makes skirmishers much harder to deal with.
- Bloody Barnabas Pop & Drop
- Any debuffs like Parasite from Calaban the Grave Walker or Mortality from Maelok the Dreadbound
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They die to blast damage.
- They need to bunch up to do well in melee
- They struggle against Armour
Tricks & Tips
- Expect skirmishers, not the Mk2 killers
- Try out the frogs with Dominar Rasheth: Move up the raiders to do their thing, but position one frog next to enemy models. Rasheth then casts Breath of Corruption, targeting the frog in the back (so he hits on 3+). The frog cares not as it is immune to Corrosion spells, but the spell is an AOE and will affect close models. The AOE even stays for a round, causing enemy to take additional damage or move away and take a free strikes from the frog.
- Although the box they come in labels them a "Minion Gatorman Unit" this is a holdover from Mk2. Croaks are their own thing.
- Released July 08, 2015