|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Some few anuras, a frog-like race commonly called “croaks” for their distinctive throaty calls, have made their way from the Shattered Spine Islands to chase both prey and adventure. The scouts and explorers known as hunters have developed a strong relationship with the gatormen of the Blindwater Congregation and will not hesitate to take up arms alongside these newfound allies. Croak hunters stalk their enemies from hidden positions before attacking them with spears dipped in deadly mixtures of natural poisons, including the toxins secreted by their own skin.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Thrown Spear - 8" range, POW 10 gun
- Spear - 2" reach. P+S 10 melee weapon. The same (or a very similar) long poky piece of wood.
- Poison - As above
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Gang Fighter - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another friendly Faction warrior model, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
- Hunter - This model ignores cover and concealment when shooting.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after that attack is resolved this model can make one basic ranged attack.
2017.12 Blindwater Dynamic Update
- Gained Hunter, Reposition, and got a point cheaper.
Thoughts on Croak Hunter
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Croak Hunter in a nutshell
The Croak Hunter is a useful quick-working skirmisher with a potential threat range of 17" (although don't rely on this), and who can hit warbeasts as hard as Maximus on a good day. At 3 points for the model, one of the key virtues of the Croak Hunter is how little it costs (less than a member of the Gatorman Posse. Not an amazing model - but with that sort of toolbox it's well worth its cost in the right army.
Combos & Synergies
- Croak Raiders or Farrow Commandos - Advance Deployment really helps set up for Gang Fighter, and that helps set up for a Quick Work.
- Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer part of the ranged barrage Jaga can bring, the Croak Hunter loves Signs & Portents
- Ironback Spitter - who cares if you do corrosion damage to this guy.
- Feralgeist - nothing saying you can't use an incorporeal model to help with Gang Fighter.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's fairly mediocre all round - but what do you expect for three points?
- He can't break construct armour.
Tricks & Tips
Remember that you can get the points back on this guy by killing as few as two average trooper models. You can sometimes do that in a single turn by combining your charge with a thrown javelin, especially when set up via Gang Fighter.
- Although the box they come in calls them a Gatorman they are of a separate and normally allied species.
- Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models