| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Minion Croak Solo
Some few anuras, a frog-like race commonly called “croaks” for their distinctive throaty calls, have made their way from the Shattered Spine Islands to chase both prey and adventure. The scouts and explorers known as hunters have developed a strong relationship with the gatormen of the Blindwater Congregation and will not hesitate to take up arms alongside these newfound allies. Croak hunters stalk their enemies from hidden positions before attacking them with spears dipped in deadly mixtures of natural poisons, including the toxins secreted by their own skin.
- Thrown Spear - 8" range, POW 10 gun
- Poison - This weapon gains an additional die on damage rolls against living models.
- Thrown - If this model has a STR buff/debuff, it is added to the POW of this weapon.
- Spear - 2" reach. P+S 10 melee weapon. The same (or a very similar) long poky piece of wood.
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Gang Fighter - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another friendly Faction warrior model, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
- Hunter - This model ignores cover and concealment when shooting.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Quick Work - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after that attack is resolved this model can make one basic ranged attack.
2017.12 Blindwater Dynamic Update
- Gained Hunter, Reposition, and got a point cheaper.
Thoughts on Croak Hunter
This model/theme's rules have recently changed dramtically, and the "Thoughts On" section has not (yet) been updated to reflect its new capabilities.
Please feel free to update the article and remove this warning.
Croak Hunter in a nutshell
The Croak Hunter is a useful quick-working skirmisher with a potential threat range of 17" (although don't rely on this), and who can hit warbeasts as hard as Maximus on a good day. At 3 points for the model, one of the key virtues of the Croak Hunter is how little it costs (less than a member of the Gatorman Posse. Not an amazing model - but with that sort of toolbox it's well worth its cost in the right army.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's fairly mediocre all round - but what do you expect for three points?
- He can't break construct armour.
Tricks & Tips
Remember that you can get the points back on this guy by killing as few as two average trooper models. You can sometimes do that in a single turn by combining your charge with a thrown javelin, especially when set up via Gang Fighter.
Other Minion models
Rules Clarification : Poison - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Thrown (Edit)
- You do not add the model's base STR to the thrown spear, just modifiers. The base STR is already included in the POW of the weapon. (Locked thread)
Rules Clarification : Advance Deployment - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Amphibious - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Corrosion (Edit)
- A weapon can inflict continuous corrosion without itself being a corrosion damage weapon (for example, the Acidic Touch animus). In this case, the attack can hurt models with Immunity: Corrosion it just won't apply the continuous effect.
Rules Clarification : Gang and/or Gang Fighter (Edit)
- You can gain the Gang bonus vs knocked down/stationary models (refer to the latest Errata).
- You can gain the Gang bonus on free strikes, but generally only the first "Ganger" will get it.
- For example, if a target is engaged by two models with Gang, when it leaves the melee range of the first Ganger it suffers a free strike with the Gang bonus. Then it leaves the melee range of the second and suffers a normal free strike.
Rules Clarification : Hunter (Edit)
- Although you ignore cover/concealment, you don't ignore "secondary" bonuses a model gets from it. For example, a model with Prowl will still gain Stealth from their concealment.
Rules Clarification : Reposition (Edit)
- Models out of formation cannot move via Reposition. Refer to the "Out of Formation" rules in the core rulebook.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at the end of activation" (such as Sprint) after resolving Reposition, because your activation has ended. (Infernal Ruling) See also this article for a detailed explanation.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at any time" (such as Go To Ground) during a Reposition. Because you can't trigger it while moving, and after moving your activation has ended. (Infernal Ruling)
- This holds true even if it's a unit with multiple Reposition moves. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.
Rules Clarification : Quick Work (Edit)
- If you're still engaged in melee when Quick Work triggers, you won't be able to make the ranged attack.
- Quick Work specifies "Combat Action" so doesn't work with Impact Attacks or out-of-activation attacks