Craelix, Fang of Everblight
A twisted entity of blighted flesh, the misshapen creature called Craelix, Fang of Everblight is a poisoned arrow in the heart of the dragon’s enemies. Born from proven bloodlines of succubi, Craelix manifests the best qualities of his kind. His fangs weep venom that he uses to coat the barbed arrows he looses upon the enemy. This blight-infused poison spreads through his victims at blinding speed, rotting both flesh and spirit.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Nyss Longbow - 12" range, ROF 3, POW 10 gun
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Blight Spasm - When Craelix boxes an enemy with this weapon, each enemy model within 1" of the boxed model suffers a damage roll with a POW equal to the boxed model's STR. These additional damage rolls are not considered to be from an attack, and are simultaneous.
- Poison - This weapon gains an additional die on damage rolls against living models.
- Weaken - A living model hit by this weapon suffers -2 STR and DEF for one round.
- Sword (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapons.
- Poison - As above
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Sacrificial Pawn [Blighted Nyss Archer] - When this model is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, you can have one friendly, non-incorporeal Blighted Nyss Archer model within 3" of it hit instead. That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
- Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack it can advance up to 2".
Thoughts on Craelix, Fang of Everblight
Craelix, Fang of Everblight in a nutshell
Craelix is a ranged combat solo. Have you ever looked at the Everblight Succubus model and thought to yourself, “Wow, I wish I could give that thing a pair of swords and a longbow and just have it murder the world?” Well good news, that monster exists.
Craelix is fairly hard to take down, thanks to Sacrificial Pawn [Blighted Nyss Archers], DEF 15, and Steady. With Pathfinder and Swift Hunter, he also goes exactly where he wants to as he slaughters the enemy. But how does he slaughter said enemy, you ask? Oh, that’s easy.
Craelix has a ROF 3 Blessed Longbow with three different attack types and Arcing Fire as well as a pair of Poison swords to swat away infantry that gets too close. Let’s dissect those attack types real quick, shall we?
- Blight Spasm means that, on a good day and with a properly packed group of enemy infantry, it’s not uncommon for Craelix to kill upwards of 6–8 light infantry in a single activation by himself.
- Poison. Because Poison is good.
- Weaken doesn't affect just living warrior models, but all living models. So, if you ever wanted to drop the DEF and STR on…oh, I dunno, three enemy heavy warbeasts with a single solo, Craelix has you covered.
Combos & Synergies
- Blighted Nyss Archers, to help keep him alive
- Pesky upkeeps or Wind Wall ruin your day? Apply Wraithbane from the Naga Nightlurker.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Less useful vs Undead and Construct armies. Although Blight Spasm can still be triggered vs them, at least.
- This guy has a large bullseye and no defensive tech other than long range, high DEF, and immunity to knockdown.
- A bit expensive.
Tricks & Tips
- Arcing Fire doesn't let you ignore terrain.
- You want to stay as far away from the enemy as possible, and you've got 3 shots and Swift Hunter so be smart with your target choices. Find 3 targets and start with the one furthermost away, then use Swift Hunter to move backwards so that at the end of your activation you've left maximum distance between you and the enemy lines.
- Your blades roll 10+4D6 and 10+3D6 against living models on the charge for damage - remember that, if you must charge in, or cannot shoot your target.
- Released in an Insider article 2017.10
- Didn't go through CID.
Other Faction models
|Warlocks|| Barnabas - Calaban - Dr. Arkadius - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Legion army depends entirely on which minion is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows Crew|
|Solos|| Mist Speaker - Trawler - Croak Hunter - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Gobber Chef - Ogrun Bokur - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Agata - Eilish Garrity - Gudrun - Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher - Sacral Vault|
From here down, the terms Sacrificial Pawn, Grim Salvation, and Sucker! are interchangeable