The Conquest is a walking mountain of steel bristling with some of the most powerful weapons ever used on the battlefields of the Iron Kingdoms. The deafening roar of the colossal’s steam-fed engine is punctuated by the staggering percussion of its devastating guns, which unleash a punishing barrage of shells able to reduce warjacks to slag and annihilate entire enemy formations. Deployed to the front lines, the Conquest brings unrivaled firepower to Khadoran battlegroups.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Main Guns (x1) - 15" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 gun. Despite being modelled with two barrels and called guns, this is just one gun.
- Critical Devastation - On a critical hit models hit are thrown d6" directly away from the attacker. Roll distance once for all models affected. Models thrown do not deviate. Move models furtherest from the attacker first. Instead of suffering blast damage, models hit but not directly hit suffer non-blast damage equal to half the weapon's POW. Collateral damage is equal to half the weapon's POW.
- Secondary Battery (x2) - 12" range, 3" AOE, ROF 2, POW 10 guns.
- Creeping Barrage - Instead of attacking with a Secondary Battery, the Conquest can place a 4" AOE anywhere in its RNG and field of fire, centered on a point in its LOS, ignoring intervening models. The AOE stays in play for one round (unless the Conquest is destroyed) and it does a POW 10 blast damage roll to models that enter it or end their activation inside it.
- High-Explosive - Blast damage caused by this is POW 10.
- Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 23 melee weapons.
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
Thoughts on Conquest
Conquest in a nutshell
Conquest is an epitome of the Khadorian jack traits. It has low SPD, thick armour, earth-shattering power on its melee weapons, and inaccurate AoE guns. Though it lacks complex special rules, it can be a valuable addition to your arsenal. Creeping barrage is an excellent deterrent for jamming/chaff infantry units, and thanks to its base POW10 it ensures that troops, which would normally survive blast damage, will suffer losses. Coupling it with board controlling tricks (rough terrain patches, or straight damaging AoEs), it can effectively dictate, where the lighter element of the enemy's force will proceed.
Combos & Synergies
- Explosions become very dangerous under Butcher1's feat.
- Strakhov1, Strakhov2 and Harkevich - out-of activation shootings on a gun with critical effect is always fun, even without boost. The usefulness of Strakhov's Superiority is self evident. Thanks to its long range, it can start an Overrun assassination chain by killing some squishy support fom afar.
- Irusk1 can put the enemy into grave situation with Inhospitable Ground and Creeping Barrage, if they lack Pathfinder, while troops under Irusk2's Solid Ground can walk through Creeping Barrage unharmed.
- Old Witch1 - a strong board controlling feat, a damaging large AoE spell, and possibility to shoot behind forests; the Old Witch can create a pretty big no-go zone on the table with the Conquest.
- You can hardly miss under Sorcha1's feat, while you cause melee damage on par with the Behemoth under her epic incarnation's feat.
- Zerkova1 can slow the enemy's advance to a crawl under her feat, and with a few barrage templates around you can pretty much dictate where they can go.
- Gun Carriage - shoot Rough Terrain craters first, then fill up the holes between with barrage templates.
- WGAK - scatter re-roll is always nice
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Absolutely abysmal DEF - great target for Backlash, Feedback, electro leaps, Spine Bursts and the like
- Blast-immune troops can stride through Creeping Barrage, and won't be troubled much about the main gun either.
Tricks & Tips
- Things that counter shooting, stop Creeping Barrage too
- You can use the Main Gun's critical effect against friendly models too. Perhaps a throw on your Demolisher is the only thing it needs to get into a zone to control or contest...
- 2 barrage AoE can cover a ~9" wide area, where infantry better not tread.
Originally released in Warmachine: Colossals (2012)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other faction models