Cygnar Trencher Character Solo
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
This model's rules are currently under development
This model is part of the current CID cycle (What is CID?) and the information shown below does not necessarily represent its final ruleset.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- Heavy Pistol - 8" range, POW 12 gun
- Sabre - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 damage on charge attacks with this weapon.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Battle Plan - Once per activation, at any time, this model can issue one of the battle plans listed below:
- Template:Foxhole Buddy
- Tactician [Trencher] - While in this model's CMD range, friendly Trencher models can ignore other friendly Trencher models when determining LOS. Friendly Trencher models can advance through other friendly Trencher models in this model's CMD range if they have enough movement to move completely past them.
Thoughts on Commander Anson Hitch
This model/theme has only recently been released, and the content in the "Thoughts On" section is based more on theory-machine than actual gameplay experience.
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Commander Anson Hitch in a nutshell
Anson Hitch is exactly what he looks like - a solo who supports Trenchers. Feign Death is great with Tough, Swift Hunter is nice (and better on Trencher Commandos than undigging Trencher infantry. Combined Arms is of course great for Trencher Infantry to murder high DEF infantry. He's also a jack marshal without a drive - but the only one people are likely to use.
Combos & Synergies
'Jacks to consider
There's only one jack that's likely to be used by Hitch; the Grenadier synergises with Trenchers for three shots, and that three shots goes very well with the Jack Marshal ability. Hitch can of course load it.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a jack marshal without drives - this is not normally very effective.
- Without Trenchers he's pretty pointless.
Tricks & Tips
- He can load a Grenadier. With two loaders a Grenadier can be ROF 3, RAT 8, POW 15 when aiming.
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models
Rules Clarification : Brutal Charge (Edit)
- If your charge movement was less than 3", your first attack is not considered a 'charge attack' and thus you won't get the Brutal Charge bonus.
Rules Clarification : 'Jack Marshal (Edit)
- Marshals can take character jacks (unlike in Mk2). (Closed thread)
- Although they never get the Power Up bonus, a marshaled warjack can gain focus via other means (such as Accumulator, Empower, Spirit Harvester, etc).
- They can do this even after the Marshal dies and they become autonomous (unlike in Mk2).
- 'Jack Marshal & Ranking Officer (Edit)
- If a Ranking Officer joins a unit with the 'Jack Marshal ability, then they can still only take Mercenary warjacks - they don't gain access to Faction warjacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- They can control that mercenary warjack as normal, even though they're technically no longer the same faction as the jack. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Battle Plan (Edit)
- A model can issue a Battle Plan to itself (assuming it meets the 'model type' criteria).
| Restrictions on "Any Time" abilities (Edit)
- "Any Time" abilities can be used at any time during a model/unit's activation, except:
- The model with the Any Time ability has had their activation end "prematurely". By this I mean you resolve anything which includes "its activation ends". Examples include:
- Running, failing a charge, or failing a slam.
- Abilities that include "then its activation ends" (such as Reposition and Teleport).
- You're in the middle of moving. (Note: Impact Attacks count as being in the middle of movement).
- You're in the middle of an attack. Note that the attack is not over until you finish step 14 of the attack sequence (Apdx A).
- Your opponent interrupted your activation to trigger one of their own abilities, such as Countercharge.
- In general you can use "Any Time" abilities while you're knocked down or stationary (except Spells and Feats which specify you can't).
- Even if the ability says "any time during the unit's activation", a model in a unit can't use an Any Time ability if they run, fail a charge, or use an ability like Reposition.
- Because that model's activation has ended (even if the unit's activation is still ongoing) and you can't use abilities on models that are not active.
- So, for example:
- You cannot use a minifeat after the Officer runs. (Infernal Ruling)
- You cannot use a minifeat after anyone in the unit has begun a Reposition move. (Infernal Ruling)
Template:RC Press the Advantage
Template:RC Target Priority
Template:RC Foxhole Buddy
Rules Clarification : Tactician (Edit)
- The moving model doesn't have to be in CMD range, just the model they're moving through.
- The "can ignore for LOS" is not optional. You cannot opt to "turn off" your ability to see through models, in the hope of getting a free strike or some such. (Infernal Ruling)