Commander Anson Hitch
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Commander Anson Hitch is a stern and uncompromising leader who has so thoroughly internalized the trencher creed that it might as well be the air he breathes. As a commander in the First Army, he has little interest in politicking or glory seeking. Hitch is a trencher, ready to join his men in the mud and intolerant of cowardice in his brigade or indecisiveness in his officers—or in himself. Soldiers under his command are expected to fight to their last breath, taking no prisoners and relinquishing no ground.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Commander Anson Hitch
- 3 Other
|Commander Anson Hitch|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Heavy Pistol - 8" range, POW 12 gun
- Sabre - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 damage on charge attacks with this weapon.
- 'Jack Marshal - All 'jack marshals share the same set of special rules, which basically amount to: This model is not a warcaster but may control a warjack.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Battle Plan - Once per activation, at any time, this model can issue one of the battle plans listed below:
- Press the Advantage - Target a friendly Faction Trencher unit in CMD range. It gains Swift Hunter for one turn. (Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack is resolved it can advance up to 2".)
- Target Priority - Target a friendly Faction Trencher unit in CMD range. It gains Combined Arms for one turn. (Combined Arms - When making combined ranged attacks, missed attacks may be rerolled once.)
- Tenacity - Target a friendly Faction Trencher unit within 5". It gains Feign Death for one round. (Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.)
- Foxhole Buddy - While B2B with a friendly model that is dug in, this model gains cover, does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS.
- Tactician [Trencher] - While in this model's CMD range, friendly Trencher models can ignore other friendly Trencher models when determining LOS. Friendly Trencher models can advance through other friendly Trencher models in this model's CMD range if they have enough movement to move completely past them.
Thoughts on Commander Anson Hitch
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Commander Anson Hitch in a nutshell
Anson Hitch is exactly what he looks like - a solo who supports Trenchers. Feign Death is great with Tough, Swift Hunter is nice (and better on Trencher Commandos than undigging Trencher infantry. Combined Arms is of course great for Trencher Infantry to murder high DEF infantry. He's also a jack marshal without a drive - but the only one people are likely to use.
Combos & Synergies
'Jacks to consider
There's only one jack that's likely to be used by Hitch; the Grenadier synergises with Trenchers for three shots, and that three shots goes very well with the Jack Marshal ability. Hitch can of course load it.
- Trencher Long Gunners have neither Dig In, nor Practiced Maneuvers (unlike regular Long Gunners). His tactician ability solves the LOS issues. Also Press the Advantage gives Swift Hunter. This means that if your Long Gunners are using Dual Shot, if you kill with your first shot, you can take a 2" move and retain the benefits of aiming perhaps bringing new targets of opportunity.
- Trench Busters can be difficult to use. On one hand you want to make use of their valuable shield guard by having them in the middle of several important models, on the other hand you want to keep charge lanes open so they can use their impressive flank attacks. Hitch solves this problem so completely with Tactician, he is probably mandatory if you want to use Busters.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's a jack marshal without drives - this is not normally very effective.
- Without Trenchers he's pretty pointless.
- He's not that difficult to kill, and it can be a tactical disaster on the following turn if he dies.
Tricks & Tips
- He can load a Grenadier. With two loaders a Grenadier can be ROF 3, RAT 8, POW 15 when aiming.
- Make sure you keep him deep in your back line. With CMD10, his Tactician bubble can cover your army safely from behind your other units.
- With so many Trenchers around in Gravediggers, it's best to keep him located centrally.
- Should he die to a stray shot from bad placement, you can find that you have completely jammed up your own models.
- Often, the bonus won't be relevant until turns 2-3 onwards. Keep him a few inches behind your rear units (e.g. Trencher Long Gunners) and just move him first when you want Tactician to be used.
- With Trencher Long Gunners using their dual shot bonus while aiming, you can use Swift Hunter to bring targets who were preciously out of reach into your range. Careful using this tactic on a clock as it can eat a lot of your time.
Originally released in the Trencher CID (2017.06)
Other Cygnar models