|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Clockwork angels are fast and deadly strike forces that utilize the innovation of true flight to remain in constant motion, eagerly disrupting all who would dare to oppose the will of Cyriss. Relying on their speed, maneuverability, and the devastating precision of their polynomial beams to surgically cripple enemy forces, the clockwork angels leave their foes weakened and vulnerable to the finishing blows of other Convergence elements.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Binomial Beam - 10" range, POW 10 ranged attack
- Binomial Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Flight - This model ignores (almost) all terrain when moving. This model can move over other models, and ignores intervening models when declaring charges.
- Blade Shield - This model gains +2 DEF vs ranged attacks.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Soul Vessel - This model has a soul as if it were a living model.
Thoughts on Clockwork Angels
Clockwork Angels in a nutshell
Angels act as a substitute for cavalry in the Convergence army, thanks to their high speed, reposition and brutal charge. They can hunt solos, or harass soft targets, with surgical strikes from their Binomial Blades, but do not expect them to last very long in a protracted combat. Fundamentally, they are the combat unit most likely to be seen in competitive Convergence lists because they do things the vectors simply can't.
Combos & Synergies
- Aurora - the only caster who can keep up with them. Her spells support them wonderfully, plus they can activate her Flank bonus.
- Lucant - Deceleration brings their ARM up to 'doesn't die from blasts', and under his feat, they are actually somewhat survivable. Positive Charge helps their attacks hit home.
- Axis - provided they live long enough to see use of his feat, they can deliver quite potent charges from afar.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Their armor is tinfoil - they die to blasts and magic attacks.
- They are usually too fast to take advantage of the Enigma Foundry's support
- One wound and small numbers means the unit can easily be wiped out in one turn
Tricks & Tips
- Spread out. It is their most useful tool against blast damage and electro leaps.
- Their only defense is their speed and high DEF. Look for concealment or cover all the time, and launch hit&run raids from there.
Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Convergence of Cyriss (2013)
Clockwork Angels represent the newest innovation in Cyrissist technology: the true flight. To achieve this breakthrough, the Convergence leveraged the revolutionary compact displacer drive invented by Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis. The polynomial beams of individual angels are more than capable of cutting down ordinary soldiers. When faced with a more daunting foe, however, the angels can combine their beams to achieve an exceptionally more powerful blast of raw energy.
Aurora personally selected the first Clockwork Angels from among their most capable followers. Their close relationship with the young warcaster and the time they had spend fighting together enabled them to adapt quickly both to the angelic vessel and to the new tactics Aurora developed to exploit their advantages. As the form has continued to prove itself in battle, more volunteers have come forward, each hoping to secure a place in Aurora's host. Among Cyriss' faithful, only those veterans who are fully attuned to the control of clockwork vessels can meet her standards for consideration; fewer still possess the mental dexterity required to master flight itself.
Other Convergence models
|Warcasters||Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis - Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer - Father Lucant, Divinity Architect - Forge Master Syntherion - Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent Servitors - Eminent Configurator Orion|
|Light||Corollary - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator|
|Heavy||Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor|
|Colossals||Prime Axiom - Prime Conflux|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Clockwork Angels - Eradicators - Obstructors - Optifex Directive - Perforators - Reciprocators - Reductors
|Solos||Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector|
|Battle Engines||Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors|
|Destruction Initiative - Clockwork Legions||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)