The Cipher supports the assault with a pair of hydraulically powered piston spikes and an integrated servipod mortar that can unleash several different ammunition types in support of its army’s advance.
Weapons and Attacks
- Servipod Mortar - RNG 11, AOE 4. Handy ranged weapon with nice utility.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Reload  - This model can spend focus/fury tokens to make up to 1 additional ranged attacks with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each focus/fury token spent.
- Piston Spike x2 - Range 1, P+S 18 melee attacks.
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack. It is big and stompy, as normal, but swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Steady - This model can't be knocked down.
Thoughts on Cipher
Cipher in a nutshell
Slow, Steady, and Strong, Cipher is a widely used utility heavy vector. At range, it has a shot type for all occasions, and when engaged in melee, it hits hard, with 2 initials.
Combos & Synergies
- Diffuser : Every Convergence construct model loves the Diffuser and its beacon. But Ciphers really love them. Hit a target with the Diffuser first, and then watch Cipher rush into melee range with surprising speed.
Try not to misunderstand Cipher as a shooty vector. Cipher's gun, especially its flare, is good, but it mainly functions as supporting fire. The real game is Ciphers' heavy punches, only slightly lower than inverter's main weapon. It can serve almost any role.
- Forge Master Syntherion : Since it's a versatile vector, Cipher can do its best when with Syntherion. Hot Shot means the blasts can actually threaten, Synergy makes his pistons crush heavies with ease, and Magnetic Hold increases his threat range.
- Try to charge an enemy in his feat turn, launch out some flares at point-blank-range, and then obliterate the unlucky victim.
- Iron Mother Directrix : Fire Group can mean an extra turn of shooting, and Tactical Supremacy can help speed it up.
- Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer : the feat is exactly what the doctor ordered, and rough terrain can help ensure you get the alpha strike.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's slow, without long range/high pow guns to mitigate it (which the Assimilator and Monitor sport)
- Very little ranged damage
Tricks & Tips
- Many armies, particularly Khador and Protectorate, don't handle rough terrain well.
- Target cheap servitors to place the AOE exactly where you want it.
Comparison to Mk2
No big changes.
In many respects, the servitor stands as a fundamental achievement of the Convergence of Cyriss; many of the sect's most miraculous devices derive from it. Though individual servitors are neither as complex nor as versatile as their more sophisticated brethren, their underlying principles continue to drive innovation in the forges of the Convergence. The Cipher's servipod mortar in particular is a shining example of how the sect applies the foundational genius behind servitor technology in groundbreaking ways.
Every shot of a Cipher's servipod mortar discharges seven miniature servitors that disperse in flight for maximum coverage. Loading chambers within the Cipher ready groups of servipods customized to the warcaster's current needs. Once the correct ammunition has been determined, the servipods are launched in a withering volley. For example, blasting servipods tear through lightly armored enemies; lumichem servipods tag enemies with the same chemicals used by the Attunement Servitors; and tunneling servipods burrow into the earth before releasing a charge that ruptures level ground with treacherous sinkholes.
Convergence warcasters favor the Cipher not only for its versatility against distant charges but also for its raw efficiency against enemies that breach the front lines. The vector wields a pair of heavy piston spikes designed to sunder the heavy armor plating of any foe sturdy enough to reach the Cipher intact.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Convergence non-character warjack themes (Edit)
Other Convergence models
|Convergence Faction Models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis - Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer - Father Lucant, Divinity Architect - Forge Master Syntherion - Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent|
|Light||Corollary - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator|
|Heavy||Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor|
|Colossals||Prime Axiom - Prime Conflux|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Clockwork Angels - Eradicators - Obstructors - Optifex Directive - Perforators - Reciprocators - Reductors
|Solos||Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector|
|Battle Engines||Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors|
Convergence Mercenaries (Edit)
There are currently no mercenaries that will work for Convergence.
|Convergence of Cyriss - Theme Forces (Edit)|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples