The Chimera has an unsettling appearance as its active power field makes its form blur and fade. Once it nears the enemy, a Chimera becomes a delivery device for its warcaster’s most powerful arcane powers, channeled across its arc node. The Chimera will strike and kill with its scything arm-mounted glaives, then vanish as nearby soldiers turn to desperately engage it. With a flicker of blended light it appears behind them to deliver arcane death.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Chimera
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Retribution models
- 5 Rules Clarifications
|Relative Cost||Below Average|
Weapons and Attacks
- Glaive x2 - Melee weapon, Short range, Moderate P+S.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Arc Node - This model can channel spells cast by its controlling Warcaster.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Apparition and Phantasmal Field
- Phantasmal Field - This model gains DEF against ranged and magic attacks for each focus on it.
- Apparition - This model may be placed a short distance from its current location during the Control Phase.
Thoughts on Chimera
Comparison to Mk2
- This model's relative cost to its Mk2 version is significantly fewer points.
- Lost 2 hit boxes
Chimera in a nutshell
The Chimera is an inexpensive arc node with the ability to extricate itself from melee. It's Apparition ability makes it tricky to engage for enemy models trying to prevent it from channeling. It has a decent melee ability for a light and can threaten tougher foes with its Combo Strike.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other Retribution models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|