|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Fast, nimble, and equipped with the repeating dual cannon, the Charger is a favorite with Cygnar commanders who favor the advantage of range. Its powerful cannon can be easily augmented by the will of its commanding warcaster, and it carries a brutal battle hammer to smash anyone foolish enough to come within its reach.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Dual Cannon - 12" range, POW 12, ROF 2 gun
- Powerful Attack - When attacking with this weapon, this model can spend 1 focus point to boost all attack and damage rolls for the attack.
- Battle Hammer - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Charger
Charger in a nutshell
The Charger is a ranged warjack, with typical Cygnar stats. It has a powerful gun and otherwise solid construction that allows it to blow away solos and sometimes even warcasters while being a decent no-frills light jack the rest of the time. While the hammer's P+S is higher than than the Dual Cannon's POW, Powerful Attack means you are better off using ranged attacks.
Combos & Synergies
- Journeyman Warcaster - Journeyman is better than ever at running a Charger, after he upkeeps Arcane Shield, he will have two focus spare which is more than enough to let the Charger do everything it wants.
- Lieutenant Allison Jakes - All the same reasons as a Journeyman warcaster except she gets more work out of her battlegroup.
- The Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant gives them the same range as a Hunter. This is ideal if you want to aim for even more absurdly accurate shots.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It needs a second point of focus to operate at peak efficiency.
- Anti-shooting techs will cause a lot of headache.
Tricks & Tips
- 9 out of 10 times you'll take your two shots to assassinate enemies. On that one occasion though don't forget that you have 10" melee threat, so feel free to charge in, if something denies shooting (Wind Wall, Submerge, etc).
- The Charger was in Mk1 Warmachine: Prime (2003) and considered a turkey back then; it didn't even have a powerful attack
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models