Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges
Cephalyx specialized in unleashing formidable mental powers to augment the drudges they command or to annihilate foes, mind benders can instill in their enslaved warriors a strength and savagery beyond ordinary fleshly limitations. These drudges sometimes serve as conduits for the mind bender’s overwhelming rending mental attacks, though they are consumed in the process.
- 1 Basic Info
- 1.1 Mind Slaver
- 1.2 Drudges
- 1.3 Thoughts on Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges
- 1.4 Other
- 1.5 Rules Clarifications
|Unit Size|| 1 Bender|
Weapons and Attacks
- Prosthetic Blades - Range 1, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Limited Employment - This model may only be included in a Cephalyx Theme force.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Adrenal Flood (★ Action) - Range 6 spell. Target Drudge Grunt gains +4 MAT and STR and can immediately advance 4". Adrenal Flood lasts for one turn.
- Concussion Pulse (★ Action) - Center a 4" AOE on this model or a Grunt the spell is channeled through. Other models in the AOE suffer a POW 12 magical damage roll.
- Psychic Assault (★ Attack) - Range Spray 8 POW 12 Magic Attack. This attack ignores LOS.
- Psychic Projection - This model can channel spells through Grunts in this unit that are in formation, even if the channeler is engaged. When it does, you can choose up to two additional Grunts in this unit that are in formation for the spell to also be channeled through. The spell is cast once through each channeler, simultaneously, then the channelers are removed from play.
Weapons & Attacks
- Battering Fists - Ragne 0.5, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Eyeless Sight - This model 1) ignores cloud effects when determining LOS, 2) always ignores concealment and Stealth, and 3) never suffers Blind.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
Thoughts on Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges
Cephalyx Mind Bender & Drudges in a nutshell
The Mind Bender and Drudges are a support unit for the Cephalyx - not as hard hitting as the Mind Slavers but instead acting to empower the mind slavers and turn them into a wrecking crew.
Combos & Synergies
- Cephalyx Mind Slaver & Drudges - your biggest power is Adrenal Flood
- Cephalyx Overlords - the MAT of your drudges is terrible and you don't have CMA enabling them to actually hit things in melee.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- The Cephalyx Overlords are better at Psychic Assaults
- You can't charge and use the Mind Bender's abilities
- The Cephalyx Mind Slaver unit is better in melee
- If the Bender dies the grunts fall back on their basic stats, which are terrible.
Tricks and Tips
- CMA once you've adrenaline rushed
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models ... but Cephalyx simplify this completely with their "Limited Employment" rule.
- This unit cannot be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This unit cannot be included as a mercenary within a Faction army.
- This unit can be included in the following theme forces:
Notable Changes from Mk2
- Slight lowering of POW for the Grunts
- Gained a point of Spd (Bender)
- Gained Stealth (Bender)
- Cost decreased
- Lost Sacrificial Pawn
- Originally published in the digital-only book Forces of Warmachine: Cephalyx (late 2014).
- Republished in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion book (mid 2015).
- The Gobber Drudge models can be substituted as grunts in the unit. You can even have a whole unit of Gobber Drudges!