Caspian engineers developed the hulking Centurion to rival the size and strength of Khador’s warjacks. Its increased armor and heavy shield makes it one of Cygnar’s most durable designs, and its mighty piston spear can easily pierce the hulls of enemy warjacks. The Hammersmith swaps out shield and spear with massive twin forge hammers meant to flatten anything in its path, while the Avenger features a stun blade and a groundbreaking seismic cannon. Representing a step forward in Cygnaran technology, the seismic cannon fires sophisticated projectiles that can unleash a localized earthquake upon impact.
|ARM|| 19 / 21|
|(★) 21 when you include the shield|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Piston Spear - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Critical Sustained Attack - On a critical hit during this model's Combat Action, attacks made with this weapon against the model critically hit by this weapon automatically hit that activation. If this model attacks another model with this weapon this activation, attacks against the last model critically hit with this weapon no longer automatically hit.
- Shield - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Imprint: [Polarity Field] - This model can spend 1 focus to gain Polarity Field. (Polarity Field - This model cannot be charged or slammed from its front arc.)
Thoughts on Centurion
Centurion in a nutshell
Cygnar's roadblock heavy. Due to the shield, it has the highest unbuffed ARM in Cygnar...and can obviously be buffed further by the various armour spells. It typically gets to somewhere you don't want the enemy to get to, uses Polarity Field for a turn or two then charges in. It's the ideal Warjack to control/contest zones and flags to prevent your opponent scoring scenario points.
Combos & Synergies
- Any model with Arcane Shield.
- ARM24 makes it very hard to take out, even more so since your opponent won't generally be able to charge it due to Polarity Field and therefore requiring a further investment of resources.
- Commander Coleman Stryker deserves a special mention due to Invincibility. ARM29 for a round? Good luck getting through that with anything that isn't a Colossal or Gargantuan.
- Captain Jeremiah Kraye gives it all sorts of useful buffs.
- The free boosted charge attack is a great way to activate Critical Sustained Attack with no additional investment of focus.
- The reposition makes running pointless since advancing and repositioning is 1" faster.
- Even better, trample and reposition to be 50% quicker than running and get it into a more meaningful position earlier.
- His feat gives it a handy speed boost.
- Artificer General Nemo removes the other remaining options that Polarity Field doesn't affect - he negates place effects and pushes thanks to Magnetic Field.
- It's not a bad target for Lightning Shroud - the extra damage on an already powerful 'jack is going to hurt most heavy beasts/jacks badly. The Electro-Leaps are just a bonus.
- Electrify not only gives it an ARM buff, but if your opponent does finally manage to get into melee with the Centurion, they will get one or two hits at best before Repulsor Field pushes them out of engagement range.
- Warcasters with Escort go some way to solving its speed issues.
- Captain Arlan Strangewayes allows you to Polarity Field and run without any focus from your Warcaster thanks to Empower.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's slow, really slow.
- You have to really consider its position - Polarity Field may stop the Centurion being charged, but it doesn't stop an enemy model charging a model next to it and engaging it that way instead.
Tricks & Tips
- You can play it further forward than most jacks. 3" to be specific as it can't be charged. So trigger the imprint and run.
- The model's spear is obnoxiously large.
Comparison to Mk2
- Its MAT and RAT went up by one like all other jacks on this chassis.
- The important change is that Polarity Field went from being a star action to being an imprint.
- That means the Centurion can run/charge/trample etc. and still use the Imprint.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models