| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Circle Blackclad Battle Engine
None of the works of the Circle Orboros better demonstrates their mastery of the natural world than the Celestial Fulcrum, an enormous arcane apparatus that precisely models the seasons and the orbits of Caen’s moons. Able to harness the primal tides of nature, the Fulcrum can unleash lightning, fire, and deathly winds, plunging the fairest summer day into the heart of the maelstrom.
- Flame Blast - 11" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 gun.
- Lightning Bolt - 13" range, POW 14 gun.
- Winter's Rage - 10" spray, POW 12 gun.
- Battle Engine - All Battle Engines share the same special rules. Most notably being huge, having two fields of fire, and being immune to knock down, stationary, etc.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Immunity:Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Gun Platform - this model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Fury Bank - While a Fulcrum is in a friendly Faction warlock’s CTRL range during the warlock’s activation, the warlock can move fury points from himself to it at any time. A Fulcrum can have up to 3 fury points at any time. During its Combat Action, the Fulcrum can spend fury points to boost one attack or damage roll for each fury point spent.
- Veteran Leader [Blackclad] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Blackclad models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Power of the Stones - During your Control Phase, the Fulcrum can leech fury from friendly Faction construct warbeasts in its CMD range.
- Gained Veteran Leader
- Swapped the Fury Generator rule for the Fury Bank and Power of the Stones abilities.
- Gained 8 hitpoints
Thoughts on the Celestial Fulcrum
Celestial Fulcrum in a nutshell
It's a shooty battle engine, with a fair amount of support features. It is has the toughness of a heavy, and enables you to field a wall of construct warbeasts.
Combos & Synergies
- Quite a lot of the Circle warlocks are Blackclads including Baldur, Bradigus, Morvahna, Mohsar, Tannith, Kaya, Krueger, and Una. Most of them like +1 to hit, especially when channeling through Gallows Groves.
- It provides Fury Management for the Wold warbeasts, sometimes enabling a gunline
- Druids of Orboros and the Blackclad Wayfarer love veteran leader.
- You can sometimes do interesting things positioning it via Shifting Stones.
- The Bones of Orboros theme loves just about everything about the Fulcrum.
Drawbacks and downsides
- It's large, expensive, and can't kill heavies.
- You should probably be boosting the lightning because it does nothing if it misses
- Because of its different ranges, it may not be able to use all of its guns every turn.
- Because it lacks gunfighter, it is effectively unarmed for the purposes of melee
Tricks and Tips
- It's immune to all but one of the elements. Use it to screen your other models from those attacks.
- Lead with the cold spray. If you crit stationary your target, you have a better chance to hit with it's other guns
- If for some reason it isn't allowed to make ranged attacks (such as from Kolgrima's feat), it can't make attacks of any kind.
Originally released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
Other Circle models
Rules Clarification : Fire (Edit)
- Moving into "Shallow water" standard terrain does not cause continuous fire to expire. It's magic fire.
- You can always use non-standard terrain if you agree with your opponent before the game starts, however.
- A weapon can inflict continuous fire without itself being a fire damage weapon (for example, the Helios's fists). In this case, the attack can hurt models with Immunity:Fire it just won't apply the continuous effect.
Rules Clarification : Cold - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Electricity - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Electro Leap (Edit)
- Electro Leap is a weapon property. As such, it doesn't apply to Power Attacks at all.
- A Steamroller flag can be hit by Electro Leap. (Infernal Ruling)
- Not considered an attack (Edit)
- The original attack and damage is definitely an attack, and triggers stuff normally. But the "secondary" damage works quite differently.
- The secondary damage is not an attack, so doesn't trigger stuff like Vengeance.
- The secondary damage (normally) doesn't actually hit the model(s) it damages, so doesn't trigger stuff like Shock Field. (A few of them do specify they hit, though, like Warhead.)
- The secondary damage is not from an attack, but it is damage from the original model. This has two implications:
- It's not an attack from a weapon so:
- it won't gain damage buffs from the weapon (such as Poison).
- it won't gain any Damage Types from the weapon. (Infernal Ruling)
- It is a damage roll from a model so:
Rules Clarification : Freeze (Edit)
- Remember Stationary only prevents what it says it does. Refer the page on Stationary for a refresher.
Rules Clarification : Battle Engine (Edit)
- Do not confuse the Colossals & Gargantuans rules with the Battle Engine rules just because they're both huge based.
- Of all the things that can't happen to a Colossal/Gargantuan (such as gaining Stealth, being placed, etc), about 90% of them can happen to a Battle Engine.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Circular Vision (Edit)
- This only prevents the normal bonus afforded from back strikes. It does not prevent things such as Backstab, which simply requires being in the rear arc.
Rules Clarification : Gun Platform (Edit)
- This ability doesn't grant you the ability to make both ranged and melee attacks in the same activation.
Rules Clarification : Fury Bank - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Veteran Leader (Edit)
- Veteran Leaders don't give themselves the buff, because of the "other models within ..." clause.
- Although if you have two models giving out the buff, then they can give it to each other. (Locked thread)
- Some versions say "friendly" and some don't. Regardless, Veteran Leader only buffs friendly models. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Power of the Stones - None yet. (Edit)