|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
None of the works of the Circle Orboros better demonstrates their mastery of the natural world than the Celestial Fulcrum, an enormous arcane apparatus that precisely models the seasons and the orbits of Caen’s moons. Able to harness the primal tides of nature, the Fulcrum can unleash lightning, fire, and deathly winds, plunging the fairest summer day into the heart of the maelstrom.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Flame Blast - 11" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 gun.
- Lightning Bolt - 13" range, POW 14 gun.
- Winter's Rage - 10" spray, POW 12 gun.
- Battle Engine - All Battle Engines share the same special rules. Most notably being huge, having two fields of fire, and being immune to knock down, stationary, etc.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model does not suffer electrical damage, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Immunity:Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Gun Platform - this model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Fury Bank - While a Fulcrum is in a friendly Faction warlock’s CTRL range during the warlock’s activation, the warlock can move fury points from himself to it at any time. A Fulcrum can have up to 3 fury points at any time. During its Combat Action, the Fulcrum can spend fury points to boost one attack or damage roll for each fury point spent.
- Veteran Leader [Blackclad] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Blackclad models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Power of the Stones - During your Control Phase, the Fulcrum can leech fury from friendly Faction construct warbeasts in its CMD range.
- Gained Veteran Leader
- Swapped the Fury Generator rule for the Fury Bank and Power of the Stones abilities.
- Gained 8 hitpoints
Thoughts on the Celestial Fulcrum
Celestial Fulcrum in a nutshell
It's a shooty battle engine, with a fair amount of support features. It is has the toughness of a heavy, and enables you to field a wall of construct warbeasts.
Combos & Synergies
- Quite a lot of the Circle warlocks are Blackclads including Baldur, Bradigus, Morvahna, Mohsar, Tannith, Kaya, Krueger, and Una. Most of them like +1 to hit, especially when channeling through Gallows Groves.
- It provides Fury Management for the Wold warbeasts, sometimes enabling a gunline
- Druids of Orboros and the Blackclad Wayfarer love veteran leader.
- You can sometimes do interesting things positioning it via Shifting Stones.
- The Bones of Orboros theme loves just about everything about the Fulcrum.
Drawbacks and downsides
- It's large, expensive, and can't kill heavies.
- You should probably be boosting the lightning because it does nothing if it misses
- Because of its different ranges, it may not be able to use all of its guns every turn.
- Because it lacks gunfighter, it is effectively unarmed for the purposes of melee
Tricks and Tips
- It's immune to all but one of the elements. Use it to screen your other models from those attacks.
- Lead with the cold spray. If you crit stationary your target, you have a better chance to hit with it's other guns
- If for some reason it isn't allowed to make ranged attacks (such as from Kolgrima's feat), it can't make attacks of any kind.
Originally released in Hordes: Domination (2011)
Other Circle models