Rules Clarification : Shield Guard (Edit)
- Shield Guard doesn't work vs spells.
- Since Shield Guard specifies "opponent's turn", it can't be used against stuff that shoots in your own turn (such as Watcher or Counterblast).
- The Shield Guard does not necessarily need to be in the attacker's LOS or range.
- The Shield Guarder is always hit even if they have an ability that makes them automatically get missed, such as Stealth. (Automatically missing is determined earlier in the timing sequence than the Shield Guard moving the hit.) (Infernal Ruling)
- You shift all effects onto the shield guard, including stuff that triggers on "when this attack hits".
- When you use Shield Guard vs an AOE attack, the template moves too. Because, with reference to Apdx A, the hit 'moves' at Step 6 and the template placement is determined at Step 7.
- Shield Guard doesn't work vs Point Blank attacks. Because Point Blank attacks are melee attacks that are made using a ranged weapon.
- On the other hand, it will work vs Gunfighter attacks.