Rules Clarification : Flank (Edit)
- You can gain the Flank bonus vs knocked down/stationary models (refer to the latest Errata).
- Melee range is measured from your front arc so you cannot trigger Flank on models in your back arc.
- The target enemy doesn't need to be in the Flanker's LOS, just their melee range.
- Most of the time if something is in your melee range then it is so close it's in your LOS too, and the difference is meaningless.
- But if you have 2" reach and you're jammed up in B2B with a bunch of closely-spaced enemies, you'll find your LOS is blocked. In this case, you might be able to trigger Flank on an enemy model that is "hiding" behind that front row of jammers, even though you don't have LOS to it.
- Flank is not tied to a specific weapon, so Mount attacks and Power Attacks can benefit as well.