Rules Clarification : Backstab (Edit)
- Backstab always applies on a free strike, because free strikes are always in the back arc. (Infernal Ruling)
- Backstab applies to magic and ranged attacks, too.
- For a caster with Backstab that uses an arc node to attack their target: Backstab doesn't care about the point of origin of the attack, and does not interact with Arc Nodes at all.
- In other words, if your arc node is in the target's back arc & but the caster is not, then Backstab doesn't apply. And vice versa, if your arc node is in the front arc & you're in the back arc, then Backstab will apply.
- Models with Circular Vision aren't immune to Backstab. They still have a back arc, and backstabbers can stand in it.
- Steamroller objectives have facings, and can be backstabbed. (Infernal Ruling)
- Before the game starts you should discuss with your opponent the facing of the objective.
- In Steamroller 2017, objectives face towards the opposing deployment zone.