Add fluff blurb here
|Cost||1 for 2|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Alcohol-Fueled - The Cask Imp cannot forfeit its Normal Movement. When it makes its Normal Movement, before it moves you must choose its facing. It then advances its SPD +d6˝ in a straight line. If a 6 is rolled, instead of moving the Imp explodes as per Temperamental.
- Temperamental The model explodes if it contacts another model while it is advancing or if it is knocked down. When the model explodes, center a 4˝ AOE on the Imp and models in the AOE suffer an unboostable POW 14 fire damage roll and the continuous fire, then this model is RFP'd.
Thoughts on Cask Imp
Cask Imp in a nutshell
Grymkin's version of Cryx's Scrap Thrall. A dangerous walking bomb, who will be considered mostly for spending your last remaining army point. They are pretty much like ammo, and should be spent like that.
Combos & Synergies
- Mad Caps can put additional Cask Imps into play.
Fire & Forget distraction pieces who cost 0,5 points apiece, they hardly warrant any form of direct support. Rush them forward and hope that they can catch some juicy infantry before blowing up.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They blow up if they hit friendly models. This can make activation timing a bit of a headache.
- Anything that causes knockdown, will also cause this model to explode. Beyond that, this model will only explode if it contacts a model while advancing. This means that place effects cannot trigger the explosion.
- Random SPD value, and blowing up on a roll of 6 makes them extremely unpredictable.
Tricks and Tips
- Activate them first, and get them out of the way. The last thing you want is to activate your units first and run them in front of it.
- If you do forget to activate them first, remember that you choose their facing before rolling for distance.
Originally released 2017.03
Other faction models
|Warlocks|| The Child - The Dreamer - The Heretic - The King of Nothing - The Wanderer - Old Witch 3|
|Light Warbeasts||Frightmare - Gorehound - Rattler|
|Heavy Warbeasts||Cage Rager - Skin & Moans|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Dread Rots - Hollowmen - Mad Caps - Murder Crows - Neigh Slayers - Piggybacks |
|Solos|| Cask Imp - Glimmer Imp - Gremlin Swarm - Trapperkin - Witchwood |
Lady Karianna Rose - Lord Longfellow
|Battle Engines||Death Knell|
|Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|