Once a member of the Cygnaran military, Captain Gunnbjorn brings a unique perspective to the armies of the kriels. His formal military training and his keen mind give him a tactical approach to battle rather than the more primitive approach of overpowering brutality favored by less experienced trollkin warriors. Even the best laid plans have pitfalls, however, and when careful use of cover and terrain fail him, Gunnbjorn is quick to use his heavy bazooka to decimate enemy formations.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Captain Gunnbjorn
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Bazooka - 12" range, AoE 3, POW 14 ranged weapon.
- Critical Devastation - On a critical hit models hit are thrown d6" directly away from the attacker. Roll distance once for all models affected. Models thrown do not deviate. Move models furtherest from the attacker first. Instead of suffering blast damage, models hit but not directly hit suffer non-blast damage equal to half the weapon's POW. Collateral damage is equal to half the weapon's POW.
- Axe - 0,5" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Field Marshal [Kill Shot] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Kill Shot. (Kill Shot - Once per activation, after killing an enemy model in melee, this model can make a free ranged attack.)
- Explosivo - Low cost, Short range Upkeep that gives a friendly faction model Magical Damage on all ranged weapons and a low POW small AOE blast on direct hits.
- Guided Fire - Battlegroup models in the caster's CTRL area gain boosted ranged attack rolls for one turn.
- Rock Wall - Cost 2, Upkeep. Place a rock wall completely within control range that isn't contacting anything else. Provides cover.
- Snipe - Upkeep spell, target model/unit's ranged weapons gain +4 RNG.
Thoughts on Captain Gunnbjorn
Captain Gunnbjorn in a nutshell
Captain Gunnbjorn is a ranged superiority warlock. Between Snipe, Guided Fire, Rock Wall, and his feat, he has a scary ranged game, to the point where Gunnbjorn can go toe-to-toe with Cygnaran shooting.
Thoughts on when & how to use feat and spells
His feat is obviously best used defensively; either to stop a feat or to stop one round of incoming fire.
- Rock Wall is really useful for blocking charge lanes or providing cover.
- Guided Fire gets spammed as (functionally) free focus.
- Explosivo is very much a utility spell. You want it in case of incorporeal enemies.
- Snipe is best cast early and upkept.
Typical Army & Strategy
His main win condition is quite simply to shoot the enemy off the board. Or to use his feat for delivery of the melee models.
- The ever-present Krielstone can be hard for Gunnbjorn to charge up on turn one, but is really useful for ranged duels.
- Dire Troll Bomber - It's already a great warbeast, and loves everything Gunnbjorn does for it, up to and including the Kill Shot.
- Dozer & Smigg - They are only ever played with Gunnbjorn, but they're pretty good at killing infantry and much more focus efficient than another Bomber. And again, they love Kill Shots.
- Mountain King and Glacier King - Both have nice ranged attacks.
- Winter Troll - Actually vaguely useful with Guided Fire.
- Slag Troll - Kill Shot is just fun on a Slag Troll.
- Dire Troll Mauler - Gives you the melee hitting power and damage buff.
- Trollkin Highwaymen - Become a pretty good unit with Snipe.
- Trollkin Fennblades - His feat is a great delivery system for fast units, keeping them safe from shooting for a turn. He doesn't have to go all ranged, and that is a good thing.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He runs a pretty much exclusively ranged game.
Tricks & Tips
- Rock Wall can be really obnoxious when placed in front of a Colossal/Gargantuan, leaving nowhere for it to advance and put their base.
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
His feat got upgraded to provide immunity from ranged damage and he gained his excellent Field Marshal.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Trollbloods models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|