Captain Eira Mackay
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Captain Eira Mackay
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Alchemical Morter - 15" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 gun.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Attack Type - Each time this weapon is used to make an attack, choose one of the following special rules:
- Alchemical Accelerant - A model hit by this suffers Oil for a round. (Oil -When a model affected by Oil suffers a fire damage roll, that roll is automatically boosted.)
- Template:Pyro Blossom
- Scather - This attack's AOE remains in play for one round. Models entering or ending activation in the AOE automatically suffer a point Corrosion Damage.
- Antiminator (x2) - 10" spray, POW 14 ranged attack.
- Flame Thrower - 8" spray, POW 12 rnaged attack
- Bash - 0.5" reach, P+S 15 melee attack
- Ram - On hit, the target is knocked down and may be pushed 1" away. If it is pushed, this model may move the same direction 1".
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Battle Engine - All Battle Engines share the same special rules. Most notably being huge, having two fields of fire, and being immune to knock down, stationary, etc.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Exhaust Fumes - When the Thresher advances during its Normal Movement, for one round while within 3" of the Thresher other friendly Faction models gain concealment.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Veteran Leader [Railless] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Railless models gain +1 to attack rolls.
Feat : Name of Feat
All friendly Crucible Guard models currently in her CTRL range gain Run and Gun. Additionally, while in her CTRL range, friendly CG construct models gain boosted damage rolls and their weapons gain Magical Damage. (Run & Gun - If this model destroys an enemy with a ranged attack during its activation, at the end of its activation it can make a full advance.)
- Fail-Safe - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction warjack gains +2 ARM and does not suffer the effects of crippled systems.
- Jumpstart - Cost 1
- The caster's warjacks currently in CTRL range stop being stationary, stand up, and face in any direction. But not if they were knocked down this same turn.
- Mobility - Cost 3
- Battlegroup models gain +2 SPD and Pathfinder for one turn.
- Return Fire - Cost 1, 6" range
- Target friendly Faction model can make a free basic melee or ranged attack after an enemy targets them with a ranged attack and that attack resolves. Return Fire expires after the attack is resolved or after one round.
Thoughts on Captain Eira Mackay
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Captain Eira Mackay in a nutshell
Mackay is a tank commander in the service of the Crucible Guard. She rides to battle in a Railless Interceptor and her stats should reflect this. The battle engine was originally designed by Mackay’s father to protect his warcaster daughter as she pursued her career within the Crucible Guard. She should represent a mobile fire base and brings some of the strongest ranged weapons of any warcaster. [We are aware that Mackay's awesomeness cannot be contained on one page of the PDF. The text for Return Fire is cut off. Here is the full text: When target friendly Faction model is targeted by an enemy ranged attack, after the attack is resolved the affected model can make one basic melee or ranged attack, then Return Fire expires. Return Fire lasts for one round.)
She should have a limited spell list but should support other Railless and her battle group. She brings some unique shot types to the Faction.
Yup, she has 36 damage boxes. Almost exclusively a battlegroup caster she synergizes well with the Railless Interceptors.
Maximising her feat and spells
Typical Army & Strategy
Her main method of winning is not dying.
Things you take in her army to help her with this strategy is Placeholder.
Drawbacks & Downsides
she doesn't have 40 hp.
Tricks & Tips
- Released 2018.03
- The Tank she rides around in was actually built by Mackay's father.
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.