Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood
Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Fate-Blessed - When friendly faction models make attack or damage rolls in this model's CTRL, this model can spend 1 fury point to reroll that roll (limit 1 per roll).
Feat: Good Omens
For one turn, low rolls on individual dice that are made by friendly faction models in her CTRL can reroll that die which made the low roll one time as a result of Good Omens.
- Befuddle - Spell that causes the hit target to move a short distance without provoking free strikes. This spell cannot be cast on warcasters or warlocks.
- Bullet Dodger - Upkeep spell which gives a faction model a DEF buff and Dodge. (Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.)
- Misfortune - Good ranged attack magic that knocks down the model hit.
- Soothing Song - COST 1
- Immediately remove up to one fury point from all friendly living Faction warbeasts in the caster's control range. Soothing Song can be cast only once per activation.
- Star-Crossed - Cost 3
- For one round, enemy models in the caster's control range must roll an additional die on attack rolls and remove the highest.
Thoughts on Calandra Truthsayer, Oracle of the Glimmerwood
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
In a Nut Shell
Calandra is a solid caster. Her ability to make your opponent have to throw away their highest die along with her fury control, makes her a good place to start. Yes she exceled in her theme lists but she can easily be used in almost any list that is more beast heavy. She has a large control range so that her spells can work from a pretty good distance. Sadly that is about all she has going for her. She is quite squishy and needs to stay away from the front lines.
Thoughts on when & how to use her feat and spells
Her feat makes your Alpha Strike bigger.
You in an average turn spam Star Crossed and Soothing Song to empower and protect your army, upkeeping Bullet Dodger.
Typical Army & Strategy
Her main win condition is attrition. She manipulates dice result with Star-crossed and manages Fury with Soothing Song.
Things you take in her army to help her with this strategy are:
- The Krielstone as a common Trollblood buffer.
- Anything with high DEF benefits from Star Crossed. The highest DEF available is Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters but anything works.
- Anything works with her - and she's especially good if you want a lot of light warbeasts.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Everyone hates playing against Calandra - dice manipulation is really obnoxious to play into.
- Obviously she herself doesn't do anything combat wise. Unless the enemy is a slug or something.
Tricks & Tips
- She's pretty straight forward.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Trollbloods models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|