|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Powerful gators with an insatiable hunger for human flesh, bull snappers are terrifying monsters that lurk beneath the still surface of swamplands held by the Blindwater Congregation. Surging up from the water, a bull snapper seizes its victim in jaws that close with the force of a colossal bear trap, ensuring its target cannot escape a bloody and painful demise.
|FURY / THR||2 / 7|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Sustained Attack - During this model's activation, when it makes an attack with this weapon against the last model hit by the weapon this activation, the attack automatically hits.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Bloodthirst - When it charges a living model, this model gains 2" movement.
- Man-Eater - May charge living warrior models for free.
- Torpid - If a Bull Snapper destroys a living enemy model with a basic melee attack, it can immediately end its activation afterwards. If it does so, it can remove 1 fury point.
Spiny Growth - Cost 1
- The caster gains +2 ARM. Also, if a non-warrior model hits the caster with a melee attack, the attacker suffers d3 damage points after the attack (unless the caster was destroyed or RFP'd by the attack). Spiny Growth lasts for one round.
2017.12 Blindwater Dynamic Update
- Torpid was reworded to be an optional ability, not a mandatory one and Spiny Growth is now cheaper.
Analysis of Bull Snapper
Bull Snapper in a nutshell
The Bull Snapper is a cheap warbeast that acts as a solo hunting cruise missile. Its animus will make your caster less squishy.
Combos & Synergies
- Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer can give the Snapper a 13" charge against living targets, ignoring terrain if needed. Plus her Field Marshal gives it an extra attack if it dies.
- It's a good choice as your "free model" in The Blindwater Congregation theme force because it is the most expensive choice. Also its a warbeast whereas the other two options are solos.
- Any front line warlock (especially a Barnabas): +2 ARM for one Fury is an excellent trade for staying alive.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Awful defensive stats, but that's to be expected at that price bracket.
Tricks & Tips
- It's a great solo-hunter: it's fast, charges for free, it has the sustained attack, and then Torpid for fury efficiency.
- It's just cheap enough and just tough enough that you can use the snapper as a sacrificial pawn to block a charge lane for heavy warnouns. Obviously not your first use for it, but if you're in a pinch, it works.
Released in Forces of Hordes: Minions (2011)
Other Minion models
| See also the Warbeast page for a recap of the core warbeast rules.