|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The fierce and hardy warriors of the farrow are as difficult to bring down as the boars they resemble. Armed with primitive rifles scavenged from raids on human caravans, farrow brigands are the equals of many frontline soldiers. After surviving numerous engagements, farrow commandos have begun to imitate the battlefield tactics of more rigorously trained forces. Brandishing grenades and kukris as they infiltrate enemy lines, these cunning fighters offer farrow warlords the ability to quickly strike into the heart of the enemy.
Warlord - Command Attachment
In farrow society, might makes right, and only the strongest and most willful climb the ranks over the battered bodies of those left below them. Through bloody battles against both friend and foe, farrow warlords are those rare few who have scraped together enough clout to hold their positions through a lifetime of unbridled violence and cunning. No warlord’s position is secure, requiring demonstrations of sheer brutality to keep the ambitions of their subordinates in line. The slightest hint of weakness can topple any of them. To the farrow, this represents the natural order.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Analysis of Farrow Brigands
- 3 Other
|Unit Size|| 6/10|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Pig Iron - 10" range, POW 12 gun.
- Polearm - 2" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Pig Iron - As above
- Club - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Warlord (CA)
- Pig Iron (x2) - As above, but double the fun
- Axe - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Entire Unit
- Minion - Will work for Circle, Legion, Skorne, and Trollbloods
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Dig In (★ Action) - This model gains cover, it does not suffer blast damage, and does not block LOS. The model remains dug in until it moves, is placed, or is engaged. It can begin the game dug in.
- Hog Wild (Order) - You can shoot before you move. And after you move you can make melee attacks.
- Warlord (CA)
- He has +1 STR, MAT, RAT, +2 CMD, and a whopping 8 hitpoints.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Granted: Prey - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.)
- Granted: Reposition [3"] - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
Analysis of Farrow Brigands
Farrow Brigands in a nutshell
Farrow Brigands are a decent backbone skirmish unit. Not terribly expensive, carry guns and know how to use them (just about) and carry clubs. Made much more dangerous by the Warlord
Thoughts on adding the CA
The CA gives the Brigands what they desperately need - an actual threat via Prey.
Combos & Synergies
- The Warlord can be got for free in The Thornfall Alliance - but he's one of the cheapest things you could use your "freebie" on, and in the meantime a max unit of Brigands go a long way to getting something else for free.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Dig In doesn't work with Reposition (and is hard to do in general for a SPD 5 unit that doesn't advance deploy)
- Other than against their Prey target they are jacks of all trades and masters of none; RAT 5 without CRA is weak against infantry while POW 12 (unboosted) shooting or boosted POW 10 charges aren't going to worry heavies that much.
Tricks and Tips
- Hog Wild can be used for shooting and running, or to shoot at a model before charging. You do not have to charge the models you shoot at.
- This unit first appeared in Primal Mk2 (2010)
- The Warlord CA was released in the Hordes: Devastation expansion (late 2015)
How can I include this unit?
Minions are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Minion army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Minion models
Missing the Attack Roll
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters
Note to Editors