With its advanced armament and heavily armored hull, Major Beth Maddox’s personal warjack Brickhouse is a veritable wall of steel. While capable of enduring sustained assaults and holding vital battlefield positions, the warjack is just as eager to wade into enemy ranks to crush opposing warjacks with blows from its devastating power maul. No matter the situation, this bulwark of Cygnaran engineering is a welcome sight to its allies.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Power Maul - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Magno Fist - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Force Hold - Enemy models beginning an advance within 2" of Brickhouse can't move except to change facing. Brickhouse loses this ability while his Magno Fist is crippled.
- Carapace - This model gains +4 ARM vs. ranged attacks and free strikes.
- Bond: (Maddox) - If this model begins the game in Maddox's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Maddox and in their CTRL range, Retaliatory Strike. (Retaliatory Strike - Once per turn when an enemy hits this model in melee, it can hit back. Once.)
Thoughts on Brickhouse
Brickhouse in a nutshell
With the threat range and hitting power of an Ironclad Brickhouse brings two things to the table:
- A Carapace that makes it not worth bothering trying to shoot Brickhouse
- The Force Hold that can shut down enemy movement
Combos & Synergies
- Maddox (naturally)
- He is slow, so anyone with the ability to speed him up, like Haley 2, Nemo 1& 2, Stryker 3, & Jakes 1 to name a few.
- Anyone that can push or pull opponents into his magno-lock range, like Haley 2, Sturgis or Arcane Tempest Gun Mages
- [[Captain Jeremiah Kraye]|Kraye]] can push up his mobility up to eleven thanks to Horsepower and Iron Horse. Thanks to the boosted charge attacks Crit Smite can happen all the more often, and afterwards you can reposition towards the slammed model to reapply Force Hold.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The Carapace is not as good as it looks - it might keep Brickhouse safe but it normally means that the enemy will shoot something else instead.
- It's often possible to unjam the Force Hold with another model beating up Brickhouse and either wrecking Brickhouse's arm or wrecking Brickhouse entirely.
- With the amount Brickhouse costs it should be able to kill rather than simply Force Hold a heavy.
- Weirdly enough, despite Maddox being a Storm Knight and this jack having immunity to electricity, Brickhouse does not do any electric damage.
Tricks & Tips
- Stop Brickhouse 1.5" away from an enemy with only 1" melee weapons and they are utterly impotent.
- With Retaliatory Strike and Critical Smite under Maddox, he can potentially knockdown a charging opponent, meaning they will only get one attack. It's not very likely, but awesome when it does go off.
- Originally released in Forces of Warmachine: Cygnar Command (2017)
When taken in Maddox's battlegroup, Brickhouse may be taken in:
Themes for any-and-all bonded warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
When taken in someone else's battlegroup, Brickhouse cannot be taken in a Theme Force.
Other Cygnar models