Trollblood Trollkin Cavalry Warlock
As war continues to consume the lands of the trollkin, Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws rides atop his powerful northern bear Arktos like a savage chieftain of old, bringing swift death to his enemies. The northern wind follows Borka, freezing his enemies in their tracks to stand helpless before the onslaught.
|Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws
| Base Size
| Warbeast Points
|| Very High
Weapons and Attacks
- Bomb - Small AOE with short range.
- Trauma - Long handled hard hitting mace.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Critical Smite - On a critical hit, the model hit can be slammed d6" directly away from this model. If the model hit has a larger base than the attacking model, it is moved only half the distance rolled. The POW of collateral damage is equal to the STR of this model.
- Mount - High POW mount attack.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Cavalry - All Cavalry come with a stack of standard special rules, most notably Impact Attacks and auto-boosted charge attacks.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Field Marshal [Cold Immunity] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Cold Immunity.
- Reposition [_"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to _", then its activation ends.
- Models in the caster's control range and battlegroup gain Countercharge. (Countercharge - When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of this model and in its LOS, this model can immediately charge it. This model can use Countercharge only once per round and not while engaged.)
Feat: Ice Storm
Models in Borka's CTRL range gain Stealth. When an enemy model without Immunity: Cold hits any friendly models in Borka's CTRL with Immunity: Cold with a melee attack, that model becomes Stationary for one round after the attack resolves. Ice Storm lasts for one round.
Thoughts on Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws
Borka, Vengeance of the Rimeshaws in a nutshell
Borka is a low fury battlegroup warlock who gives all his warbeasts Countercharge, and for one turn means that anything that hits them in melee turns stationary.
Thoughts on when and how to best use his feat & spells
Typical Army & Strategy
His main win condition is Assassination (how? him personally? delivering a warbeast to enemy face? spell casting? melee? BE MORE SPECIFIC - Ed)
What you want to take in his army to help him achieve this is:
- Other Cavalry models are usually a great addition to speed up the assassination attempts and Rök is pretty solid even with Borka on his bear.
- Rök - a stumbling drunk heavy warbeast is great. And hilarious.
- Warbeasts with 2" melee weapons Mulg the Ancient, Troll Axer, Troll Bouncer do best with countercharge
- Troll Whelps - he'll be running more beasts than he can support.
- Northkin Fire Eaters benefit from his feat.
- Pyg Bushwhackers are the largest advance deploying unit the Trolls have access to, meaning they are well positioned to get the concealment buff and take the alpha strike under the feat.
- Trollkin Fennblades are fast moving, hard hitting, and large.
- Long Riders can keep up with his intended pace.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Low fury for a battlegroup warlock.
- His feat turn normally leads to getting jammed with infantry - enemies learn to play round it.
- He frequently has too little fury to load the Krielstone on turn 1
Tricks & Tips
- Remember that his seemingly useless unit upkeep means that the feat covers an extra unit.
- His feat is great for tanking the alpha strike.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Troolbloods models
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon such as arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer latest errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines) ... [Verification needed]
- ... but not by "lingering" secondary damage (such as the cloud left by Breath of Corruption). [Verification needed]
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. They're not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack.
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be intrepreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Cavalry (Edit)
- Refer to the Cavalry page - the list was too long to repeat here.
Rules Clarification : Smite (Edit)
- This rule changed in Mk3 to no longer say it "adds the weapon's POW". It still does add the POW, however, because the whole section on calculating Slam damage was reworded in the main rulebook.
- Smite is not a Power Attack Slam, it is just an attack which causes a model to be slammed. As such, you can smite friendly models.
Rules Clarification : Assault (Edit)
There is a long and detailed breakdown on the Assault page. The short version, though, is:
- Assault occurs immediately after Step 5 of the Activation Sequence in Apdx A (or after Step 6 for a unit with Assault). (Infernal Ruling)
- With a unit you need to move all models, then do all Assault attacks, then start charge attacks. (Infernal Ruling)
- You may not use "any time" abilities between 'finishing movement' and 'starting Assault attack'. (Infernal Ruling)
- If you fail your charge, you may not use "any time" abilities between 'finishing Assault attack' and 'activation ends'. (Infernal Ruling)
- See the Assault page for more corner-case scenarios, like Drag + Assault and Countercharge vs Assault.
Rules Clarification : Cold - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Field Marshal (Edit)
- Field marshal only grants the ability to warjacks in the battlegroup, so (normally) the warcaster does not have the Field Marshal ability.
- However if it is listed on the caster's card separately, such as on Magnus2, then they do have it. (Closed thread)
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.
Rules Clarification : Frost Hammer (Edit)
- Remember, stationary only prevents what it says it does. Refer the recap on stationary for what models can/can't do.