Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and Trollblood minion
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Channeler - This model can channel spells.
- Circular Vision - Enemies get no bonuses from attempting a back strike on this model.
- Distant Deployment - This model is put on the table at the same time as Advanced Deployment models, but can be placed up to 12" past your deployment zone.
- Immobile - This model has no Normal Movement or Combat Action, cannot become knocked down or be moved, and is automatically hit by melee attacks
- Spirit Nexus - 1) The Bone Shrine begins the game with 1 fury, and gains 1 in the Control Phase if it has zero. 2) A friendly Faction warlock can take a fury point from the Bone Shrine during their activation, once per turn. 3) When a warlock does this, roll a d6. On a 1 or a 2 the Bone Shrine becomes angry and curses the warlock. The warlock suffers -1 DEF and ARM for one round.
Thoughts on Bone Shrine
This model/theme has only recently been released, and the content in the "Thoughts On" section is based more on theory-machine than actual gameplay experience.
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Bone Shrine in a nutshell
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Despite working for various factions, no one except Minions wants it because Channeler & Spirit Nexus only works for Minion warlocks.
Tricks & Tips
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
Other Minion models
Rules Clarification : Unarmed (Edit)
- Since this model has no melee weapons it does not have a melee range. This means it cannot:
- Engage other models
- Free Strike
- Gain abilities that require a melee range (such as Ragman granting this model Dark Shroud).
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Channeler and/or Arc Node (Edit)
- You use the channeler's abilities when determining LOS (such as whether you can see your target through a forest).
- If the channeler has an ability to ignore LOS or DEF bonuses (such as Eyeless Sight), then you only apply that "ignorance" to LOS.
- You use the caster's abilities when determining attack roll modifiers (such as whether a target standing in a forest gets +2 DEF or not).
- If the caster has an ability to ignore LOS or DEF bonuses (such as Eyeless Sight), then you only apply that "ignorance" to the DEF bonus.
- Since Stealth has both a LOS component (stealth models more than 5" away aren't intervening models) and an attack roll modifier (stealth models more than 5" away are auto-missed); this can lead to some non-intuitive interactions between channeling and stealth when either the caster or channeler is able to ignore stealth.
We've put a bunch of examples on the Category:Channeler page.
Rules Clarification : Circular Vision (Edit)
- This changed in mk3 so that you're no longer "directly facing every direction".
- This means you now need to mark your facings for LOS, targeting, etc. Also, you need to obey all the normal rules for directly facing targets (after charges, before slams, etc).
Rules Clarification : Distant Deployment - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Immobile - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Spirit Nexus (Edit)
- If an enemy warlock somehow removes fury from the Bone Shrine, that enemy warlock has to roll a d6 to avoid being cursed, too.