Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Bring Out Your Dead! - When an enemy living or undead model is destroyed while in this model's CMD range, this model gains the destroyed model's corpse token. When a friendly living Faction model is destroyed by a continuous effect/enemy attack/collateral damage from an enemy attack while in this model's CMD range, this model gains the destroyed model's corpse token. This model can have up to five corpse tokens at any time.
- The Feeding - This model can spend corpse tokens to boost an attack or damage roll for each token it spends.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Puppet Master (★ Action) OR (★ Attack) - Puppet Master is a RNG 10 spell. when it targets an enemy model/ulit,it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then puppet expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.
- Seasoning the Sauce (★ Action) - This model gains d3 corpse tokens.
- Spectral Lash (★ Attack) - Spectral Lash is a RNG 10, POW 12 magic attack. When an enemy model is hit by this attack, it can be pushed d6˝ directly toward Spectral Lash’s point of origin.
- Pushed - This model is not a warrior model. It can advance only during its unit’s Normal Movement. When it advances, it can move up to 5˝ if the Gatorman Grunt in is within 2˝ of it at the beginning of this unit’s activation. This model is automatically hit by melee attacks. It cannot become stationary or knocked down and never suffers Blind.
- Special Delivery - Once per turn at any time during its activation, the Death Knell can remove any number of corpse tokens and place them on a friendly Faction model with the ability to gain corpse tokens 5˝ of it.
- Meat Cleaver - 1" reach, P+S 12
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Gatorman - the Boilmaster is a Gatorman. The Cauldron is not, and the unit is not a Gatorman unit.
Thoughts on Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron
Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron in a nutshell
A support unit for models who use corpses (like Barnabas, Lord of Blood or Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers). He also can be used as an expensive but reliable spot removal tool, with his boosted hand cannon that can push people toward him ; boosting to hit with base magic 7 mean he often have >50% odds of killing an engaged infantry model. Still probably only worth it with corpses synergy.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Released in Blindwater CID (2017.09)
- Ha! The "Master" is not the Officer!