Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Assisted - The Cauldron is not a warrior model. It can advance only during its unit’s Normal Movement. When it advances, it can move up to 5˝ if the Boil Master is within 2˝ of it at the beginning of this unit’s activation. This model is automatically hit by melee attacks. It cannot become stationary or knocked down and never suffers Blind.
- Bring Out Your Dead! - When an enemy living or undead model is destroyed while in this model's CMD range, this model gains the destroyed model's corpse token. When a friendly living model is destroyed by a continuous effect/enemy attack/collateral damage from an enemy attack while in this model's CMD range, this model gains the destroyed model's corpse token. This model can have up to five corpse tokens at any time.
- The Feeding - During its activation, the Cauldron can spend corpse tokens to boost an attack or damage roll for each token it spends.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Puppet Master (★ Action) OR (★ Attack) - Puppet Master is a RNG 10 spell. When it targets an enemy model/unit, it is a magic attack. You can have one affected model reroll one attack or damage roll, then it expires. Puppet Master lasts for one round.
- Seasoning the Sauce (★ Action) - The Cauldron gives itself d3 corpse tokens.
- Spectral Lash (★ Attack) - 10" range, POW 12 magic attack. When an enemy model is hit by this attack, it can be pushed d6˝ directly towards the Cauldron.
- Special Delivery - Once per turn at any time during its activation, this model can remove any number of corpse tokens and place them on a friendly model with the ability to gain corpse tokens that is within 5˝ of it.
- Meat Cleaver - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Gatorman - the Boilmaster is a Gatorman. The Cauldron is not, and the unit is not a Gatorman unit.
Thoughts on Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Boil Master & Spirit Cauldron in a nutshell
A support unit for models who use corpses (like Barnabas, Lord of Blood or Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers). He also can be used as an expensive but reliable spot removal tool, with his boosted hand cannon that can push people toward him ; boosting to hit with base magic 7 mean he often have >50% odds of killing an engaged infantry model. And d6" of extra threat range is really nice utility.
Combos & Synergies
- The Boil Master is one of the free options for The Blindwater Congregation
- Barnabas, Lord of Blood wants one to keep him stocked with corpses.
- The Sacral Vault and the Spirit Cauldron between them work on a waste-not, want-not principle as one gets the corpses the other the souls.
- The Gatorman Bokor & Bog Trog Swamp Shamblers like extra corpses.
- Midas collects corpse tokens.
- Basically, every reference that need corpses tokens.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Big and slow target for the enemy to shoot.
Tricks & Tips
- All three abilities are good - use whichever is appropriate.
- Remember, it's the Cauldron that is the model doing all the work. So, for stuff like Spell Vortex, be careful where you put the Cauldron.
- Released in Blindwater CID (2017.09)
- Ha! The "Master" is not the Officer!
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models