Bog Trog Ambushers
The fiercely territorial and primitive amphibians known as bog trogs thrive in swampy regions considered undesirable by humans and other more civilized species. Bog trogs are peerless masters of ambush, swimming silently and unseen just below the surface of a stream, river, or shallow pond before springing to attack.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|Bog Trog Ambushers|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Fish Hook - 2" reach, P+S 11
- Minion - Will work as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Combined Melee Attack - This unit can combine their melee attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Ambush - This unit may choose not to deploy normally, and instead be deployed completely within 3" of an edge of the board (excluding the back of your opponent's deployment zone) on any turn after the first.
2017.09 Blindwater CID
- Their cost was reduced from 9/15 to 8/13
Thoughts on Bog Trog Ambushers
Bog Trog Ambushers in a nutshell
Bog Trog Ambushers are a simple unit. Conscript spear infantry with the cost of veterans - other than the fact they can ambush and deploy from the side of the board - which makes them an interesting threat.
Combos & Synergies
- The Bog Trog Mist Speaker is a veteran leader for them
- Coming in from the edge of the board is a place where you don't need accuracy.
- Meatshields for Rask.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Farrow Slaughterhousers have a similar cost and threat profile - but hit a lot more accurately and harder.
- You pay for ambushing - if you don't mean to use them for this then you've wasted your points.
Tricks & Tips
- The threat of ambushers is often more dangerous than the reality. But the threat matters
Other Minion models
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.