Massive gators of voracious appetite, blackhide wrastlers easily drag the mightiest foes down to be shredded in a flurry of teeth and claws. Moreover, a bokor can subjugate and ritually alter a blackhide to create an even darker threat: a blind walker. The beast becomes a necromantic conduit—a mindless horror that lives only to obey its master’s commands.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Claw (x2) - 1" reach, 14 P+S melee weapons.
- Warbeast - All warbeasts share a huge stack of special rules. The short version is they're big, furious, and beat stuff up pretty good.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Eyeless Sight - This model 1) ignores cloud effects when determining LOS, 2) always ignores concealment and Stealth, and 3) never suffers Blind.
- Shield Guard - When a friendly model within 3" is directly hit by a non-spray ranged attack, this model can be directly hit instead.
Rites of Power - Cost 1
- This model’s controller can channel spells through it. When a spell is channeled through it, this model immediately suffers d3 damage points. Rites of Power lasts for one turn.
2017.09 Blindwater CID
- Cost was reduced by 2 points
Analysis of Blind Walker
Blind Walker in a nutshell
This isn't a heavy warbeast. It's a combination Channeler/Shield Guard with a lot of damage boxes. You take it as support for those two abilities rather than for its combat potential (which is worse than some lights). Offensive spell-slinging support, but it's not much more expensive than one of Cygnar's Lancers
Combos & Synergies
- Calaban the Grave Walker The offensive spell slinger loves something to channel through
- Maelok the Dreadbound Mortality and Venom are both excellent spells to channel and Maelok sends its already high ARM upwards on feat turn.
- Blackhide Wrastler - it might have a low MAT but with two claws and three Fury it's still worth putting Rage on.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Remember you can slam. Probably the best use of the offensive capabilities of the Blind Walker
Released in Hordes: Devastation (2015)
- Skorne's Disciples of Agony - (Article) (Category)