❝ Massive gators of voracious appetite, blackhide wrastlers easily drag the mightiest foes down to be shredded in a flurry of teeth and claws. Moreover, a bokor can subjugate and ritually alter a blackhide to create an even darker threat: a blind walker. The beast becomes a necromantic conduit—a mindless horror that lives only to obey its master’s commands. ❞
|Minion Gatorman Heavy Warbeast|
Bite ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 12 ❙ RNG: 1 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 5 ❙ P+S: 17 ❙ DUR: 90 ❙ OFF: 90 Primary attack.
Claw (×2) ❙ Melee ❙ COST: 12 ❙ RNG: 1 ❙ ROF: 43 ❙ AOE: 65 ❙ POW: 2 ❙ P+S: 14 ❙ DUR: 90 ❙ OFF: 90 Backup weapons.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Man Eater - This model can charge living warrior models without being forced.
- Rise - If this model is knocked down, at the beginning of your next Maintenance Phase it stands up for free.
- Snacking - When this model boxes a living model with a melee attack, it can choose to remove the boxed model from play. When it does this, this model can remove d3 damage points.
- Rage - Cost 2, 6" range
- Target friendly Faction warbeast gains +3 STR for 1 turn.
Analysis of Blackhide Wrastler
Blackhide Wrastler in a nutshell
A solid beat stick with a strong STR buff, the Wrastler does what it says on the tin. There's a reason it's almost always the first choice Gatorman warbeast.
Combos & Synergies
- Any other minion warbeast - Rage is a great animus.
- Rage with Calaban's Parasite is absurd.
- Rage with Rask's Fury is just as absurd.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's your best force multiplier thanks to Rage, but it also means losing it will see your overall threat diminish.
- At armor 19, def 12 and only 29 boxes it can still go down in a single round of combat if a heavy gets the charge against it.
- Loses some effectiveness vs non living targets
Tricks & Tips
- To get the most distance, charge a warrior model near your real beast/jack target for free - and punch it with one of the claws. Then spend everything on bite attacks on your real target.
Comparison to Mk2
The Wrastler in Mk2 had rise as its animus and could cast it while knocked down. This meant that its big trick was being thrown then standing up and charging the enemy caster. The Mk3 one is much more competent overall - but a lot less fun.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- The Blindwater Congregation - (Article) (Category)
- Disciples of Agony - (Article) (Category) - note that this is a Skorne theme force.