Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Black Ogrun Smog Belchers|
|Unit Size||3 / 5|
|Cost||9 / 15|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Smog Belcher RNG: 12 ROF: 1 AOE: 3 POW: 13
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Choking Ash - On a direct hit, living warrior models in the AoE cannot run or charge for one round. Choking Ash is a gas effect.
Hand Weapon - 1", P+S 13
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Smoke Cloud - Center a 3˝ AOE cloud effect on this model when it makes a ranged attack. The AOE remains in play for one round.
Thoughts on Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Black Ogrun Smog Belchers in a nutshell
The mobile artillery of the Slaughter Fleet Raiders, the Smog Belchers bring powerful ranged attacks to the theme force. It is important that they are unique from the Marauders and both keep a unique role. Smog Belchers bring a substantial amount of control against living warrior models and can help protect Warcasters or support models that are behind them after they fire their cannons.
Combos & Synergies
- Their cloud protects them a bit from ranged attack, and obviously can help protect the models behind them.
- Mortality, Parasite, or Calamity to pump their damage output.
- Axiara can give them prowl or reposition to create a (relatively slow) cloud wall.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Relatively costly and inaccurate shots without buffs.
- Despite having boxes, they die pretty fast.
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released in the Black Fleet CID (2017.11)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.