Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Black Ogrun Smog Belchers|
|Unit Size||3 / 5|
|Cost||9 / 15|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Smog Belcher RNG: 12 ROF: 1 AOE: 3 POW: 13
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Template:Choking Ash
Hand Weapon - 1", P+S 13
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Smoke Cloud - Center a 3˝ AOE cloud effect on this model when it makes a ranged attack. The AOE remains in play for one round.
Thoughts on Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
Black Ogrun Smog Belchers in a nutshell
The mobile artillery of the Slaughter Fleet Raiders, the Smog Belchers bring powerful ranged attacks to the theme force. It is important that they are unique from the Marauders and both keep a unique role. Smog Belchers bring a substantial amount of control against living warrior models and can help protect Warcasters or support models that are behind them after they fire their cannons.
Combos & Synergies
- Their cloud protect them a bit from ranged attack, and obviously protect people behind them.
- Mortality or Calamity make their shot deadly.
- Axiara allow to create a (relatively slow) cloud wall.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Relatively costly and inaccurate shots without buffs.
- Despite having boxes, they die pretty fast.
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released in the Black Fleet CID (2017.11)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.