Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Smog belchers are black ogrun who wield heavy culverin-style cannons. Smog belcher weapons are crafted by skilled ironmongers, black ogrun metalsmiths who fuse their craft with rituals of bloodletting and dark magic. From the deck of a Cryxian vessel, smog belchers lay down a barrage of fire, filling the air with a lingering cloud of corrupting ash that rots flesh and blisters the lungs of anyone who breathes it.
|Black Ogrun Smog Belchers|
- Smog Belcher - 12" range, 3" AOE, POW 13 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Choking Ash - On a direct hit, living warrior models hit by the AOE cannot run or charge for one round, unless the can ignore gas effects.
- Hand Weapon - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Smoke Cloud - Center a 3" AOE cloud effect on the Smog Belcher when it makes a ranged attack. The cloud remains in play for one round.
Thoughts on Black Ogrun Smog Belchers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Black Ogrun Smog Belchers in a nutshell
The mobile artillery of the Slaughter Fleet Raiders, the Smog Belchers bring powerful ranged attacks to the theme force. Smog Belchers bring a substantial amount of control against living warrior models, and their smoke clouds can help protect warcasters and support models that position behind them.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warcaster that doesn't want to be shot off the table, they can stand behind these guys for a bit of LOS-blocking.
- Casters with Mortality, Parasite, or Calamity to pump their damage output.
- Axiara can give them Prowl (making them invisible in their clouds) or Reposition (to hide behind their own clouds).
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Relatively costly and inaccurate shots (without buffs).
- Despite having boxes, they die pretty fast.
Tricks & Tips
- Don't forget they'll nearly always have +2 DEF from standing in their own clouds. If you don't need to run/charge, make sure you shoot (even if no one is evenly remotely in range).
- Originally released in the Black Fleet CID (2017.11)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)