Black Ogrun Iron Mongers
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|Black Ogrun Iron Mongers|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Thoughts on Black Ogrun Iron Mongers
Black Ogrun Iron Mongers in a nutshell
Keeping the Slaughter Fleet Warjacks in tip-top shape, these Iron Mongers are a hybrid mechanic and support unit that is reasonably competent in combat. Bringing solid defensive stats for their points and some powerful special rules to support their Warjacks is key to the design of this unit.
Combos & Synergies
- Curse gives jacks basically more MAT. Combine with DEF and ARM debuffs and soon you're as synergistic as menoth jack support!
Drawbacks & Downsides
- More expensive and harder to hide than necrotechs.
- Their support ability, much like others such as menoth choir or skorne beast handlers, makes them tasty targets for infantry shredders.
Tricks & Tips
- Most repair crew are basic humans (or in the case of cygnar, gobbers). Cryx has Ogruns, big muscular Ogruns. Don't count these guys out in a brawl if it comes to it.
- Against constructs, these guys are extremely inexpensive weapon masters. So if someone were to spam a bunch of light jacks...
- Originally released in the Black Fleet CID (2017.11)
Other Cryx models
|Warcasters|| Captain Bartolo - Captain Damiano - Cognifex - Drake MacBain - Exulon - Fiona - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game.
|Other Controllers||Raluk Moorclaw (Marshal) - Rorsh & Brine (Lesser Warlock) - Wrongeye & Snapjaw (Lesser Warlock)|
|Warjacks, Warbeasts, & Monstrosities||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Cryx army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates & CA & WA - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen|
|Solos|| Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber Raiders
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.