Hailed as the ultimate Khadoran warjack, Behemoth exemplifies the best qualities of Khadoran design: extremely heavy armor, a devastating array of weaponry, and immense strength. This peerless warjack is as much a symbol of Khador’s power to the Khadoran people as it is a force of destruction to any who would stand against it.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Behemoth
- 3 Other
|Relative HP||Very High|
Weapons and Attacks
- Bombard x2 - Long range, medium AoE, above average POW ranged weapon.
- Arcing Fire - This weapon can shoot over models, with some limitations.
- Open Fist x2 - Mid range, below average P+S melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Sub-Cortex - This models ranged weapons gain Powerful Attack while its 'S' system isn't crippled. (Powerful Attack - When boosting with this weapon, one Focus or Fury will boost both to hit and to damage.)
Thoughts on Behemoth
Comparison to Mk2
Big B lost his ability to shoot his bombards and make melee attacks in the same activation, but gained Powerful Attack. Because of this, he also lost a somewhat complicated set of special rules, making him a much more straight forward 'jack to use. His previous incarnation was quite the focus hog (able to be given 6 in a single turn!), and, with the addition of Power-Up, became quite a bit more focus efficient.
As of January 2017, the Behemoth gained a slight points increase, becoming the single most expensive Heavy Warjack/Warbeast in the game, on the reasoning that Behemoth was too much of an auto-include for a lot of lists. Even at a slightly higher cost, Behemoth is still a no-brainer.
Behemoth in a nutshell
The Behemoth is just an incredibly solid warjack. It hits hard at range, and hits even harder when it starts punching. It's incredibly focus-efficient, and is viable against pretty much every potential opponent. As such, it tends to find its way into almost any Khador army, even while being the most expensive heavy in the game. Want to have super accurate firepower? Take the Behemoth. Want to punch out a undamaged heavy in a single round? Take the Behemoth.
Combos & Synergies
The Behemoth is an extremely focus efficient jack, capable of operating with full power at range only with 1 extra focus, thanks to its sub-cortex and Power Up. Up-close it is more focus-hungry, as even with its above-average MAT you may often want to boost against elusive targets. Its seemingly low P+S blows can be crippling, thanks to armour-piercing, but they still welcome any additional die, either from charge, or from boost.
There's hardly any caster, who cannot put the Behemoth to good use. However, spells, feats and support solos, who can lower the enemy's DEF (optimally due to knockdown, or by making them stationary), will boost its effectiveness even more. Ironically, Behemoth tends to perform worse for Khador's Jack-focused casters, who in general gain more from multiple cheaper jacks.
- Kommander Sorscha - Frozen targets makes all of Behemoth's attacks autohit, plus boundless charge for faster Behemoth smashing.
- Sorscha2 - Behemoth does a stupid amount of melee damage on Sorscha2's feat turn, with boundless charge to get him there quicker.
- The Butcher of Khardov - Butcher's feat averages slightly less damage than Sorscha2, but he can add Full Throttle and Fury as well.
- Irusk1 and Kommander Oleg Strakhov - Superiority helps the Behemoth to deliver death even further away.
- Vlad1 - Most people don't expect Behemoth to charge over a foot to punch them in the face. Signs and Portents also makes Behemoth super accurate.
- Malakov1 - Journeyman Malakov can fill up Behemoth on focus and buff him up with Redline, and also allows you to combine with a main caster's tricks.
- Battle Mechaniks (or anyone else with the Repair skill) - with such a huge point investment you'll want Big B to be up and running all the time. Don't forget that a crippled weapon system will reduce the effectiveness of both the Open Fist and the Bombard Cannon, so a single point of repair on them will restore 2 weapons at once.
- Winter Guard Field Gun Crew One of the few ranged options for knocking down targets.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Its popularity. In a Steamroller format tourney with 2 or more lists you will be hard-pressed to decide, which list it should be put into.
- Despite having the cost of 2 (3) Khador heavy, it is not THAT much harder to destroy, than a single one of those.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember that powerful attack boosts the attack roll and *all* damage rolls, so the blast damage from the AOE is boosted as well as the direct hit. Even on a miss, boosted AOEs that deviate into enemy troops still have a fairly good chance of killing all but the heaviest of infantry.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models