|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Khador’s mighty warjacks are built to last, but not even the toughest Destroyer or Juggernaut is immune to the devastating effects of protracted battle. The loyal members of the Khadoran Mechaniks’ Assembly are there to keep the empire’s great battle machines pounding away at the enemy. Every battle mechanik follows his warjacks into battle, ready to make essential repairs or simply crush skulls with his oversized wrench.
Officer - Command Attachment
Battle mechanik officers are hardened combat veterans who specialize in the maintenance and battle repairs of the vaunted Man-O-War armor. Trained in the use of steam-powered armor, they rely on its protection to wade deep into the thick of battle to repair warjacks and Man-O-War alike. The mechaniks’ presence ensures no soldier’s armor becomes disabled, keeping Khador’s signature heavy infantry in the fight.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Battle Mechaniks
- 3 Other
|Unit Size|| 4/6|
|Cost||3/5; +3 for CA||0.8 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Monkey Wrench - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Repair [d3] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Wrench - 0.5" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Girded - This model and friendly models B2B with it are immune to blast damage.
- Repair [d3+3] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3+3 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Repairable - This model can be repaired as if it were a construct.
Thoughts on Battle Mechaniks
Battle Mechaniks in a nutshell
They do what they say on the tin - they fix your jacks. Khador jacks have some of the highest damage box counts in the game. Battle Mechaniks can bring a jack back up time after time
Another great use of them is as chaff - Battle Mechaniks are the cheapest infantry you can purchase and getting 4 models for the cost of a solo is great for exploiting mechanics like Sucker!
Combos & Synergies
- Battle Mechaniks's cheap cost is a great asset for blocking Line of Sights, feeding Sucker!, or feeding Zerokva2's Sacrificial Lamb spell
- Man O War infantry now have the Repairable rule, allowing mechanics to hide safely behind a line of Man o Wars and repair them as they advance.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Battle Mechaniks have a weak low pow melee attack and can't be expected to kill anything on thier own..
- The low defensive stat of the unit is particularity worrisome and it's not unusual for mechanics to find themselves getting picked off by snipers in early turns if you aren't careful..
Tricks & Tips
- Consider taking two minimum units rather than one full unit if you feel the need for more repairs. Ideally you want 2 mechanics per jack in the list.
- Repair rolls allow you to choose which column to repair, which means moving and repairing with the mechanics before a Jack activates can restore critical systems before the jack activates.
- The unit (not including CA) was originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
- The CA was released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other Khador models
Rules Clarification : Battle Mechanik Officer
Note to Editors