Bloody Barnabas is an aged gatorman warlock and a veteran of countless battles. In the wilds of western Immoren, only a gator of surpassing strength and tenacity could hope to reach his level of combat expertise. Barnabas calls upon the great warbeasts of the swamps to combat his foes, and he directs their attacks with cunning precision. Before his hungry children swarm, Barnabas summons a magical black tide to choke the enemies of the congregation, leaving them vulnerable.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Bite - 0.5" range, P+S 14 melee attack.
- Bone Cleaver - 2" range, P+S 15 melee attack.
- Minion - Will work for Skorne, Legion, Circle, and Trollbloods
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Gatorman Warlock - This model's battlegroup must contain only minion Gatorman warbeasts.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Countercharge - When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of this model and in its LOS, this model can immediately charge it. This model can use Countercharge only once per round and not while engaged.
- Unyielding - When this model engages an enemy it gains +2 ARM.
- Death March - Cost 3, 6" range, Upkeep.
- Target friendly Faction unit gains +2 MAT and Vengeance. (Vengeance - During your Maintenance Phase, if one or more models in a unit with Vengeance were damaged by enemy attacks during the last round, each model in the unit can advance 3" and make one basic melee attack.)
- Flesh Eater - COST 3, Range 10, POW13 offensive spell. If it damaged a living enemy model, a friendly battlegroup model can heal d3 damage points.
- Swamp Pit - Cheap signature upkeep spell Place a large AoE of water not touching a model when it's placed. Amphibious models can't be targeted by ranged attacks in it.
- Warpath - Cost 3, Upkeep
- Each time a friendly Faction model in the caster's control range destroys one or more enemy models with an attack during their activations, a warbeast in the caster's battlegroup and in control range may advance up to 3". Each warbeast can only move once per turn.
Feat: Black Tide
Knock down enemies without Amphibious currently in his control range.
Analysis of Bloody Barnabas
Bloody Barnabas in a nutshell
Barnabas is a well-rounded warlock with an excellent Pop & Drop feat which is normally followed up by volleys of shooting that only misses on snake eyes. He is strong in melee and can protect his army from shooting with a Swamp Pit while getting his warbeasts into interesting places via Warpath.
Common army selection
Shooting-centric because you generally get to kill a much wider swathe of the enemy's army on feat turn, thanks to the near inability to miss.
- Ironback Spitter - His best shooting beast.
- Croak Raiders - Burn, baby, burn. Excellent shooters.
- Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters Decent shooters who can also melee.
- Farrow Brigands Decent shooters who get Prey thanks to the Warlord.
- Blackhide Wrastler Because nothing else he brings is going to break armor.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- He does little to break armor.
Tricks and Tactics
Pop & Drop. The rest of the time he's a support caster with a decent melee game.
Changes from Mk II
The old Iron Flesh was removed from the game; Barnabas replaces it with Death March.