Recently unleashed upon the enemies of the Retribution, House Vyre’s myrmidons were developed with distinct capabilities all their own. The Banshee emits a high-pitched wail that prevents enemy spellcasters from using their magic, while its shrieking cannon hurls enemies aside with raw sonic power.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Force Cannon - 12" range, POW 14 gun
- Heavy Void Blade - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon
- Light Void Blade - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Critical Grievous Wounds - As above
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Wailing - While within 5" of this model, enemy models cannot give/receive orders or cast spells.
Thoughts on Banshee
Banshee in a nutshell
The Banshee is a versatile combined arms jack. It is capable of delivering ranged knockdown or charging in with some of the higher damage attacks Retribution warjacks are able to make. It's Wailing ability gives it denial ability that can wreak havoc on enemy units and spell casters.
Combos & Synergies
- Thyron1 prefers having Myrmidons with reach to capitalize on his Cleave Field Marshal.
- Thyron's Assail spell includes the slam found in the Banshee's Force Cannon.
- If a ranged attack that knocks down what it hits isn't good enough for you, Kaelyssa's Phantom Hunter means that it ignores any attempt to hide from it too.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Like the rest of the Vyre chassis, the Banshee is a little slower than most of the rest of the faction.
- With it's low RAT, even with boosting the Banshee is going to struggle against high DEF targets, so you're better off with more tried-and-true methods for approaching high DEF (like knock down).
- Be carful when running in to make use of your wailing ablility. Though it is an amazing skill, a single high armor unit or regenerating unit will basically keep that banshee's scream in a glass jar, unable to help around the battle field.
Tricks & Tips
- A banshee ("woman of the fairy mound" or "fairy woman") is a female spirit in Irish mythology who heralds the death of a family member, usually by shrieking or keening. Media:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banshee
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Themes for any-and-all warjacks (Edit)
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|