Official announcement coming soon. Watch this space.
Mercenary Character Solo
- Silence - 14" range, POW 10 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Deadly Shot - Instead of making a damage roll to resolve an attack with this weapon, you can choose to have a model hit by this weapon suffer 3 damage points instead. A model disabled by this attack cannot make a Tough roll.
- Sword - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon.
Thoughts on Kell Bailoch
Kell Bailoch in a nutshell
Kell Bailoch is one of the best ranged solos in the game. His preference is to sit in a forest 10-14" back from the middle of the board and shoot twice at RAT 10. If he gets to do this, he can take out a warjack's cortex in 2 turns, kill a Cavalry or multi-wound infantry model, pop two basic infantry or some combination of the two. He also negates Tough and counters high ARM infantry. At worst, he puts 6 damage on a colossal or a battle engine, which adds up. His gun is also magical, which gets around a lot of problems.
Combos & Synergies
He needs no support, except perhaps stealth removal. Reinholdt and the Seige Crawler can assist.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Anything that shuts down shooting shuts him down.
- Does not himself ignore stealth
- His point cost tacitly restricts him to themes that allow him as a free solo
Tricks & Tips
- Most solos are stopped by a double tap.
- With two shots you can take out an arc node - shoot columns 3 and 4 and almost any arc node will stop being an arc node.
Released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
Other Mercenary models
Rules Clarification: : Magical Damage (Edit)
(Click Expand to read)
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines). (Infernal Ruling)
- and might be inherited by "lingering" secondary damage (see below).
- If a spell leaves a template in play that does damage to models that walk around in it, then:
- if it is not described as a hazard it will do magical damage to models that walk around in it. (Example: Razor Wall)
- if it is a hazard then it will not do magical damage to models that walk around in it. Instead, it does whatever damage type is specified by the spell description. (Example: Breath of Corruption).
- (Infernal Ruling)
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it will still damage Incorporeal models. Incorporeal models are not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack."
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be interpreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not interpreted as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Deadly Shot - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Advance Deployment - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Dual Shot (Edit)
- You can't Aim if you start your activation in melee. So you will never benefit from Dual Shot, even if you have Gunfighter and/or your squad mates disengage you before you start your Combat Action.
Rules Clarification : Marksman and/or Precision Strike (Edit)
- These abilities do not get around Retribution Force Fields. The attacker's ability assigns it to a column, and Force Field reassigns it.
- Versus a Colossal or Gargantuan, you don't get to choose which grid is damaged. That is still governed by which Firing Arc the attacker is standing in.
- Attacker chooses column vs Defender chooses column (Edit)
- When both the attacker and defender have an ability that lets them choose the column that gets damaged, the attacker gets to choose. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Prowl (Edit)
- You can still benefit from Prowl even if the attacker "ignores concealment".
Because even though they ignore it that doesn't change the fact that you have it, and all you need to do is have it in order to get Prowl.
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.