Caspian engineers developed the hulking Centurion to rival the size and strength of Khador’s warjacks. Its increased armor and heavy shield makes it one of Cygnar’s most durable designs, and its mighty piston spear can easily pierce the hulls of enemy warjacks. The Hammersmith swaps out shield and spear with massive twin forge hammers meant to flatten anything in its path, while the Avenger features a stun blade and a groundbreaking seismic cannon. Representing a step forward in Cygnaran technology, the seismic cannon fires sophisticated projectiles that can unleash a localized earthquake upon impact.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Seismic Cannon - 10" range, POW 14, AOE 4 gun.
- Stun Blade - 2" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Avenger
Avenger in a nutshell
A short range Warjack that is supposed to take a bit more of a beating than anything on the Ironclad chassis. It wants to get in close, clear some infantry and leave anything nearby floundering thanks to being knocked down, preferably so another friendly model can then easily take those models off the table.
It's no slouch in melee, either. With the Stun Blade, as long as the first attack hits, enemy Warjacks are in serious trouble if you do manage to get in close.
Combos & Synergies
You should really consider any model that can extend its range:
- Any Warcaster with Snipe.
- And if you really want to knock down vast swathes of the enemy take it with Commander Coleman Stryker for added Earthquake shenanigans.
- The Arcane Tempest Gun Mage Officer who can offer...Snipe.
- Captain Jeremiah Kraye can play a ranged game with him while also keeping him safe thanks to Reposition once the Avenger has fired.
- He can also get Avengers up the table much quicker with a combination of Trampling and then using Reposition.
- Rangers for Mark Target.
- Just remember that the AoE could drift on to your own Ranger if you miss.
- The Gun Mage Captain Adept for Flare.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The knockdown for the Seismic Cannon only activates if you directly hit an enemy model. So no shooting your own models in the back while standing near the enemy Warcaster or Warlock.
- A 10" range on a SPD4 jack means you're spending a lot of time just trying to get it into position if you don't buff its range.
- Despite being a chassis designed to compete with Khadoran heavy armour, it only has one more point of armour and no more boxes than anything on the Ironclad chassis.
- Stall only applies to Warjacks, making it meaningless against living models, including all Warbeasts.
- Its cost is based on the sum of its parts - but it is hard to use all those parts together. Its gun only has 5" more threat range than its charge.
- It costs only 1 point less than a Stormclad - which is harder hitting, faster, has only 1" less threat range with its gun, and has Assault. And from the front has more DEF and the same ARM. (Get a Stormclad instead)
Tricks & Tips
Comparison to Mk2
Your prayers were answered - It has a better MAT and RAT than Mk2. The enormous sword which had a tiny melee range now has a range that reflects its size.
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Cygnar non-character warjack themes (Edit)
Other faction models